Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
They deleted the original tweet above, here’s the replacement

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There is only one solution. A general election, and voting Labour. Even if you have to hold your nose to vote Labour.

For the sake of disclosure and transparency, I don't have the need, and won't be, holding my nose.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don’t think for one second Labour will over turn the new laws. Have they said they will?
No need.

Those in favour of an overturn don't vote tory.

And amongst the thickerati/floating voters it would/may be a vote loser, if announced.

Undermining the British Police. Nobody wants that. BOO!

I hope they don't say they will....till they do.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I don’t think for one second Labour will over turn the new laws. Have they said they will?
I don’t think their 2024 manifesto is due out today.

Vote Tory and you’ll get more of this fascist nonsense though

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
There is only one solution. A general election, and voting Labour. Even if you have to hold your nose to vote Labour.

For the sake of disclosure and transparency, I don't have the need, and won't be, holding my nose.

I haven't forgot the ridiculous Met policing under New Labour, having again first hand witnessed tourists with slightly dusty skin (they were South American) questioned for their possession of a camera in Leicester Square. It isn't down to which ever Government is in power.

From the outside, us Londoners with a beef can appear as some form of anarchist but I'm really really not.

The Met are utterly utterly shit and have been for many years. There is a reason they are under special measures.

Many years ago I found a wallet with £400 pounds in it dropped in Clapham. There was an id card in there, but nothing with an address. Failing to find an open Police station, I rang the Police and a car came round to pick it up, taking my name and address as part of the process.

I rang back a week or so later to ask about progress and they had no record of the wallet being picked up.

That's one example, I could write a whole thread on other observations. I know someone whose relative Met Officer was banged up for selling stories to the tabloids,

They love a ruck, kicking the shit out of people, the odd back hander and a subsequent cover up.

Needs disbanding ASAP, too many rotten apples and/or thick as shit officers.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I haven't forgot the ridiculous Met policing under New Labour, having again first hand witnessed tourists with slightly dusty skin (they were South American) questioned for their possession of a camera in Leicester Square. It isn't down to which ever Government is in power.

From the outside, us Londoners with a beef can appear as some form of anarchist but I'm really really not.

The Met are utterly utterly shit and have been for many years. There is a reason they are under special measures.

Many years ago I found a wallet with £400 pounds in it dropped in Clapham. There was an id card in there, but nothing with an address. Failing to find an open Police station, I rang the Police and a car came round to pick it up, taking my name and address as part of the process.

I rang back a week or so later to ask about progress and they had no record of the wallet being picked up.

That's one example, I could write a whole thread on other observations. I know someone whose relative Met Officer was banged up for selling stories to the tabloids,

They love a ruck, kicking the shit out of people, the odd back hander and a subsequent cover up.

Needs disbanding ASAP, too many rotten apples and/or thick as shit officers.
It’s obvious from football. Half of them deployed to any game are just there for a ruck. Were a disgrace at Palace.

But football fans can at least handle themselves and tend to be in a crowd. It’s their behaviour towards lone women that’s creepy

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It’s obvious from football. Half of them deployed to any game are just there for a ruck. Were a disgrace at Palace.

But football fans can at least handle themselves and tend to be in a crowd. It’s their behaviour towards lone women that’s creepy
If I needed help in London, a Met police officer is the last person I would ask, including the females.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
If I needed help in London, a Met police officer is the last person I would ask, including the females.
I’ve liked that because I think you’re correct. Not because it’s in any way good

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No need.

Those in favour of an overturn don't vote tory.

And amongst the thickerati/floating voters it would/may be a vote loser, if announced.

Undermining the British Police. Nobody wants that. BOO!

I hope they don't say they will....till they do.
Sadiq Khan had limited powers over the Met, but managed to get Cressida Dick to resign. She didn’t get her Damehood out of a cornflake packet.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Politely questioned an "operation" (they just luvvvvvvve a PR exercise) where the Met in conjunction with the military (yes really) were stopping people at Clapham Junction on the bridge. No coronation, no nearby demonstration, just the Met getting all aroused at being alongside their "colleagues" (sorry) with better uniforms.

Seen similar at Waterloo. Just before anyone thinks this has something to do with terrorism, you need your head examined.

Turned round and found myself surrounded by 5 officers for daring to ask questions.

A good description of the Met is feral. Too many thick as mince oddballs (I've spoken to far too many) among their ranks getting off on Robocop.

If you live in Sussex, you've no idea.

You rarely see them on the streets, if ever just performing really weird stunts at suburban stations with sniffer dogs. Targeting random commuters on their way to work, exploiting loop holes in the law that allows a dog (on private property) to suspect someone of a crime without any evidence. Take one step outside and the law wouldn't allow them.

They lost the plot years ago, are infested with wrong 'uns and are incapable of reform internally. Get rid, we deserve better.

Last edited:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Ah ok so that’s the angle. But the fact they’re wearing bibs to show they’re helping and work in conjunction with the met may have been the key bit here 🤦🏻‍♂️
Is it not possible that the bibs were, or were to be, used as cover to avoid Police intervention?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Is it not possible that the bibs were, or were to be, used as cover to avoid Police intervention?
Yeh of course but it doesn’t look like that was the case here… as I said originally need all the info to really comment with conviction…

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
This story was carried by the Daily Mail on Sunday a couple of weeks back it appears. As ever, it's impossible too know who the real source is. The media and politicians, plus the police sadly, are good bedfellows.

Makes you wonder what really went on in the days before the internet could find you out.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Politely questioned an "operation" (they just luvvvvvvve a PR exercise) where the Met in conjunction with the military (yes really) were stopping people at Clapham Junction on the bridge. No coronation, no nearby demonstration, just the Met getting all aroused at being alongside their "colleagues" (sorry) with better uniforms.

Seen similar at Waterloo. Just before anyone thinks this has something to do with terrorism, you need your head examined.

Turned round and found myself surrounded by 5 officers for daring to ask questions.

A good description of the Met is feral. Too many thick as mince oddballs (I've spoken to far too many) among their ranks getting off on Robocop.

If you live in Sussex, you've no idea.

You rarely see them on the streets, if ever just performing really weird stunts at suburban stations with sniffer dogs. Targeting random commuters on their way to work, exploiting loop holes in the law that allows a dog (on private property) to suspect someone of a crime without any evidence. Take one step outside and the law wouldn't allow them.

They lost the plot years ago, are infested with wrong 'uns and are incapable of reform internally. Get rid, we deserve better.
Been similar for years, but worse now. I dared ask a question once in Brixton, was smashed up against a wall, quick cuffed and dragged across the road, chucked into the van. Roughly dragged though the station and locked up overnight. Big joke the next morning as I was turfed out.

Animals. Turned out they'd been called out to a fight that had dissipated, were therefore frustrated and picked on a couple of friends that that had left the pub earlier and then decided I was fair game for questioning them.

That was 35 years ago, far worse now.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Been similar for years, but worse now. I dared ask a question once in Brixton, was smashed up against a wall, quick cuffed and dragged across the road, chucked into the van. Roughly dragged though the station and locked up overnight. Big joke the next morning as I was turfed out.

Animals. Turned out they'd been called out to a fight that had dissipated, were therefore frustrated and picked on a couple of friends that that had left the pub earlier and then decided I was fair game for questioning them.

That was 35 years ago, far worse now.

Once broke down in South London (embarrassing) and a kindly couple of Police Officers drove us to a garage to buy jump leads. They help us start our car.

Unfortunately on the journey they referred to locals as "f***ing p****" to us, seemingly oblivious to us that we might just find that offensive.

Law unto themselves. Love a ruck, love an arrest with any excuse to do so. Especially with a nod and a wink from the Government in power. They don't police by consent, they are the Home Secretary's (of any flavour) private Police Force.

Culturally repugnant and needs pulling apart. I have yet to speak to a black person in London who hasn't been pulled over or questioned. Never happened to me, I'm "fortunately" white.

theboybilly

Intelligence and the Met are not often two words you see posted in the same sentence.

A complete waste of time trying to reform it, it's needs breaking up and re-established in a different form.

Having seen their policing first hand after the Sarah Everard rape and murder by one of their own they are evidently a national disgrace.

The goading started well before the demo, quite why you need to send out the police helicopter to hover over people leaving flowers on a band stand is anyone's guess.

I'm so angry they are my police force.
A case of getting what you wish for I'm afraid. For years now the entrance requirements for joining the Met have been eased to make it easier to get in. Box ticking has taken over from real vetting of applicants. This has to change - and soon

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here