Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Messi

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
I seem to recall a Brighton penalty shootout where 5 out of 5 went into the roof of the net. Absolutely unstoppable, every single one... we made it look easy

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Leaving PSG at the end of the season.

Could do a job... :moo:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Not for £50K a week he couldn't. Would simply be unable to understand the concept of working for peanuts.
I think he’s rate is around £6.7m a week. That’s a lot of shirt sales to try and achieve to make the deal more financially viable. Only oil money can afford that fee.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I think he’s rate is around £6.7m a week. That’s a lot of shirt sales to try and achieve to make the deal more financially viable. Only oil money can afford that fee.
I don't want to make the dull and predictable, "why couldn't we sign him, he's got enough money already, he might want to see out his days here" point. .....

But. Surely he must be thinking on some level that he wants to put some water between himself and Ronaldo and show he can actually still play at a decent level in a competitive league. Leo must know that although Ronaldo is rich, he's a laughing stock.

If I was him (ok, laughable that any one of us is trying to get into his head), i'd retire gracefully rather than decline in a **** league.

But if I still felt like I had something to offer i'd go to a competitive league and show that I can mix it in a non Harlem Globetrotters type team.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't want to make the dull and predictable, "why couldn't we sign him, he's got enough money already, he might want to see out his days here" point. .....

But. Surely he must be thinking on some level that he wants to put some water between himself and Ronaldo and show he can actually still play at a decent level in a competitive league. Leo must know that although Ronaldo is rich, he's a laughing stock.

If I was him (ok, laughable that any one of us is trying to get into his head), i'd retire gracefully rather than decline in a **** league.

But if I still felt like I had something to offer i'd go to a competitive league and show that I can mix it in a non Harlem Globetrotters type team.
So there's a chance we can get him, then, you think?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Not for £50K a week he couldn't. Would simply be unable to understand the concept of working for peanuts.
No, I know in reality it's never going to happen. Which is a shame, given that he must be one of the wealthiest people in football, but I do get it.

But maybe Ali Mac could have a word with him and try and sell it to him. I also heard it's been Messi's dream to play alongside James Milner, so...

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I actually think a lot of PL clubs would turn him down, as crazy as it sounds.

And not even for money. I don't think PL managers want a weak link in the counter press, no matter how good the player is. They've effectively got to remodel their whole team around him and many will reason, it wasn't worth it for Ronaldo and wouldn't be worth it for Messi.

The chairmen will want to ego trip, sure

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Is 'No' counted as a chance?
There is ALWAYS a chance of something happening. It might be 0.00000000000001%, but it's still a chance.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
shame he isn't going to retire, running out in Saudi noddy league for $ridiculous isn't a good look.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here