NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1423349715299717121[/tweet]

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
It would be real fantasy football stuff if City could field a team with De Bruyne, Sterling, Messi, Harry Kane and Grealish.

As rottenly unfair as it is, I would kind of like to see it.

Would put to bed 'Would you rather be good, or rich?" arguments forever.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Please can someone photoshop Messi in an Albion top to help build the hype
2C7D1D14-2DFB-42B5-8C62-4AE5CD36B5F9.jpeg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just a poor man's Jeff Minton

EgScA6FXgAAMNB8.jpg

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
He's shitehouse.

Mate, season ticket and all that.

WTF, 5 pages without it.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Feck me.

The bloke is on £2,300,000 A WEEK!!!!!!!

Got some record tho:
Messi is Barcelona's record scorer with 672 goals and has won 10 La Liga titles, four Champions Leagues and seven Copa del Reys, as well as claiming the Ballon d'Or on a record six occasions.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Just shows how ****ing desperate the European clubs needed the super league.

The premier league clubs were ****ing stupid and ****ing greedy. The Top 4 in this country should dominate Europe for the next few years along with PSG and Munich.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Definitely gonna be PSG. Messi has plenty of mates there and can you really see his family moving to the north of England!! .... Not gonna happen.

PSG then retirement in Miami.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
100% my first thought. If given the choice between Kane for (a minimum of around) £150 million, or Messi on a free? I know which one I'd go for...
Messi on a free would want £150M as his signing on fee - plus his agent's fees paid by the club.

You've got to feel sorry for the bloke though - there were Barcelona prepared to pay him 50% of his multi-million pound wages until he was almost 40 (more fool them), then the nasty Spanish league comes along and stops them doing it. Aww .......... the poor man is now unemployed and probably doesn't even qualify for the Spanish equivalent of social security. Pray for Messi!

.......... or not.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Tony get your wallet out !

No, keep it in your pocket Tony!

I know it won't happen, but I would absolutely love it (and it would be a wonderful move for football as a whole, with the money just getting ......... just getting? - already got! - stupid) of Messi's agent was now to go round all the big clubs to get just the same answer - "Yes, he's good we know - but at that price, stroll on". It wouldn't hurt Messi - he's well-minted for life (and probably his agent is too), but if the guy wants to play football for the next few years he can, of course he can, but not getting paid £millions a year.

Sadly it won't happen. If not Barcelona, then some other stupid club will offer him a multi million pound signing on fee and a £10M-£20M a year contract for five years. Whoever does it, I would honestly be happy to see them go bust and cease to exist, and that's a terrible thing to wish on any football club - but if it stopped, or at least put a break on the gravy train that the likes of Messi are draining from football, then so be it.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Messi leaving Barca

No, keep it in your pocket Tony!

I know it won't happen, but I would absolutely love it.

You’re right. We’ve got more chance of signing Donald Trump as a replacement for Ben White.

However, in a parallel universe where good things happen to good people, it would happen like this.

Messi would be obsessed with the ultimate challenge. Could he pick any EPL side and lead them to win the league? We’d be the prime candidate for this because we create so many opportunities and defend very well, our Xg would turn from -20 to +20, that would put us up there with Man City. Funding this would be tricky, our global merch sales would go off the chart as Messi navigated us to our first Premier League title, he would need a big cut of the that pie in addition to the White money split over two seasons (£25m per annum) and a generous portion of shares in the club.

This is an improbable dream though, I’m off to buy my new Trump card and see if he’s available in the hope that he solves our distribution and ball carrying needs from defence to attack next season with top level pace to make those last ditch tackles.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here