Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Message to the Manager and the Board

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Not from me, but from an old school manager. Hodgson made a very salient point post match, something along the lines of ‘We all get a bit too wrapped up in statistics at times, goals win games’. Absolutely spot on Roy.

Not particularly aimed at Mr Potter from me, we have been without a quality young striker for about six seasons now.

I do think think our players are missing the crowd mind. To have that much possession and chances would have a packed home crowd roaring them on, as best as an Amex crowd can. I think that might well have made a very big difference on the night. Neither Maupay or Trossard are good enough to be our main attacking option, but GP leaves Welbeck on the bench?

Right now I am a bit ‘meh’ about our chances this season. As much as the club need the income from crowds, the pandemic has kept the heat off of the main men at the club. UTA!

Would you put up with the fearful cowardly approach by palace last night though? There is no defence for such lack of ambition, 3 points doesn't excuse it. How can palace fans put up with such displays? It was embarrassing.

It was like s boxer running round the ring, refusing to fight. Throwing a punch when their opponent is dizzy.

We have outclassed them over the last two seasons. I'm happy with that. It's a process that is turning us into an exceptional side. The respect they gave us was greater that that afforded to man city, Liverpool etc.

I would be furious if we played that way against them. Yes, we need to improve our finishing and yes it will come.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Would you put up with the fearful cowardly approach by palace last night though? There is no defence for such lack of ambition, 3 points doesn't excuse it. How can palace fans put up with such displays? It was embarrassing.

It was like s boxer running round the ring, refusing to fight. Throwing a punch when their opponent is dizzy.

We have outclassed them over the last two seasons. I'm happy with that. It's a process that is turning us into an exceptional side. The respect they gave us was greater that that afforded to man city, Liverpool etc.

I would be furious if we played that way against them. Yes, we need to improve our finishing and yes it will come.

3 points doesn't excuse it? Sure as hell justifies it though!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

No, which is why I'm glad we got rid of CH and now have Potter. Palace got lucky last night but we don't help our cause by being ineffective in front of goal. Lallana and Bisouma couldn't hit a barn door with a shovel. Yes, Bissouma has scored a couple of worldies but the vast majority of his shots are no where near the target.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here