Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Message to Gus - striker available on loan

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
Ryan Donaldson a 19 year old striker at Newcastle is probably available for loan in the January transfer window. With your connection with Chris Hughton sign him up to replace Lua Lua. Donaldson is a very talented player who could make a difference and score lots of goals for us to get us promoted.

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
According to Mr Naylor, Gus is still hoping to have the Special One in when the January window opens.

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
Well we do need someone reliable to put the ball in the back of the net. That was our problem last Saturday and as Gus said at the start of the season, we are short of someone who can score 20 goals a season. My dad lives in Newcastle and he attends NUFC first and some reserve team games as a season ticket holder, and he says Donaldson is a special talent. We took a punt on Zamora from Bristol Rovers a few years ago. How about Donaldson?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Do we really need another striker?

Chris Wood is only here for a month so the answer is yes unless we are going to rely on OGH as the back up striker with Sandaza. I would like to see a goal poacher sign on loan and then be able to keep Barnes and Sandaza to bring on as needed, this would then add pressure on the striikers who start, to perform to the best of their ability.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
In an ideal world we would ship out a few strikers and get some quality,but we will have to make do with very average strikers for a while.:glare:

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Do we really need another striker?

er, yes we do!!

The fundamental problem with the team is that we havent got a top striker, we got away with it when lualua was playing but now hes gone, its showing through more and more and I`m sure Gus`s obvious tetchiness and tension that is showing itself at the moment is mainly down to not being able to sign one, probably because TB wouldnt let him brake the wage structure to do so.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Not sure we need a young up and coming striker though. Would prefer an experienced guy that isn't still learning his trade. Nicky Forster minus two years would be perfect

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
7 strikers not enough? We better get rid before we start replacing me thinks!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
7 strikers not enough? We better get rid before we start replacing me thinks!

Murray
Barnes
Sandaza
Hart

Is 4

Wood (loan to January)

makes 5 (and if he were replaced remains 5)

Given that Hart hasn't scored a goal in the lifetime of many young fans we (realistically) have 4 strikers currently in contention for 2 (possibly three depending on tactics) places. Not exactly over the top. The likes of barker and Agdestein are NOT currently first team squad players and Baz is a midfielder NOT a striker (in a stronger squad he would be working with the development squad and would benefit from it)

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Murray
Barnes
Sandaza
Hart

Is 4

Wood (loan to January)

makes 5 (and if he were replaced remains 5)

Given that Hart hasn't scored a goal in the lifetime of many young fans we (realistically) have 4 strikers currently in contention for 2 (possibly three depending on tactics) places. Not exactly over the top. The likes of barker and Agdestein are NOT currently first team squad players and Baz is a midfielder NOT a striker (in a stronger squad he would be working with the development squad and would benefit from it)

Wasnt including Barker or Baz (who is a Striker NOT a midfielder) actually, but was counting Holdroyd and the Norwegion. So there we have it, 9 strikers in the squad, bit overkill if you ask me.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Incontention for first team when Wood goes back:

Murray Barnes & Sandaza

Reserves to be used very sparingly Baz and Hart
Developement squad to learn the game Barker Adgestein.
On loan future uncertain Holroyd

So it doesnt look very good on examination so the answer is Yes we do need another striker who can score goals

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Im not saying if Woods goes back and we sell Holdroyd we wont need to sign anyone, im saying we will need to out 2 or 3 before taking anyone else on. Its not rocket science. Just a typical deluded fans view to think we will keep on signing strikers when we already have 9 at the club. Get real.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here