Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Message to Bozza

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
The shirt sponsor is up for renewal at the end of the season...maybe Bozza should think about getting NSC on the front of the shirts....!!!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Where is Bozza going to get the cash for an advertising campaign, and what exactly would 10'000 more unique hits a day achieve for NSC? Bozza already struggles to break even and 10'000 more unique hits wouldn't help matters.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
When at the Amex for the Cardiff and Barnsley matches, I was quite surprised how many members I spoke to were not aware of NSC.

Is there anything that can be done to get some 'official' advertising?

Members of what?

I'm not sure re:advertising - I'd happily explore options. You'd like to think that a fair proportion of Albion fans who have an interest in interacting with other Albion fans, or just reading what other Albion fans think, would have some awareness of NSC. It's been around for a long time, it's regularly mentioned on Radio Sussex and in The Argus, it's mentioned in the programme and we tweet quite actively using the #bhafc hashtag.

Other than flyering at the Amex, I'm not sure what we could do practically.

Where is Bozza going to get the cash for an advertising campaign, and what exactly would 10'000 more unique hits a day achieve for NSC? Bozza already struggles to break even and 10'000 more unique hits wouldn't help matters.

I need to set the record straight here: due to a large amount of tweaking, NSC is pretty profitable now, month on month and the site is now such that the more usage it gets the more profitable it will be. Usage costs more money in hosting fees, but that usage generates more advertising revenue. However, we are VERY dependent upon the Google ads on the site, which is why I am unashamedly protective of that stream of income. If it stopped we would be running at a loss of several hundred pounds every month and I'd need to consider how that could be covered.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
As advocates of the NSC Message board - shirley we have to educate the masses?

Since my money point has been thrown out the window (not that I mind), I'll instead go with Safeway's, 10'000 more JCLs isn't what this board needs, there's more than enough already.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Since my money point has been thrown out the window (not that I mind), I'll instead go with Safeway's, 10'000 more JCLs isn't what this board needs, there's more than enough already.

But just because they are new to this site does not make them JCL's, I know a fair few poeple who dont come on NSC but have followed Brighton since the 70's. Too many people on this site seem to think that if someone has a new join date on NSC then there JCL's and discard there views and opinions and just assume that there new to BHAFC.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
But just because they are new to this site does not make them JCL's, I know a fair few poeple who dont come on NSC but have followed Brighton since the 70's. Too many people on this site seem to think that if someone has a new join date on NSC then there JCL's and discard there views and opinions and just assume that there new to BHAFC.

Absolutely. I first saw the Albion in 1963 and probably (even at the ripe old age of 7) would then have been called a JCL. Get a life some people! We aren't a Manure with glory seeking fans! Today's so called JCLs will, in all probability, be tomorrows long serving fans like, possibly me?

Also against this 'closed shop' mentality, is the comparison with the electoral system. I have never thrown this argument at my three over 18 children who have been able to vote for a few years. They are electoral JCLs but as merited to contribute as myself and their opinions and vote count the same as mine.

Who wouldn't want another 20,000 on NSC? Also, why would another 20,000 lower the quality level? Crap argument!

I go back to my initial statement and thread starter.

Great site, I love it. It also should be available to more of the 22,500 STHs, so they too can contribute and enjoy!

Yours in loving togetherness.

TNBA

TTF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here