Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Message from Dick Knight

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Ok f*** the lot of you....forget how I rescued the club from Archer and Stanley, forget how I brought you back from the shithole at Gillingham, forget how I brought you managers like Brian Horton ( an Albion Legend), Mickey Adams, Peter taylor, Steve Coppell and Mark McGhee, forget that the board and I have spent a fortune in trying to secure the club by persuing a dream of a Stadium to be proud of THAT WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT BRIGHTON AND HOVE UNITARY AUTHORITY WOULD SANCTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, forget how I help to facilitate the FREE USE of Withdean for a supporters match ( REMF) every year, forget how I attracted the likes of Norman Cooke to be an investor and pour millions into the club in sponsorship and donations, forget how I have been the most sucessful Chairman in the club's history, forget how I brought you Two Championships on the bounce and then a "cup final" at Cardiff................Go on then, go out into the big wide world and find some other daft twat to do what I have done....find someone with countless millions who will put money in to an Athletics Stadium owned by the council and subject to such planning laws that we could not get more than 9000 in the ground as the bridge at the east of the ground is too narrow we wouldn't get a safety certificate......

Reading some of the absolute hogwash on here i sometimes wonder what planet some people are currently orbiting.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Got a gripe Dave? Just come out with it.

I agree though. Who would you lot want in charge, DK or BA?

Simple choice. Make it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
And just who is Dick Knight ?

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
dave the gaffer said:
forget how I have been the most sucessful Chairman in the club's history,

No mate, I know that's what you think. But that accolade must go to the late, great Mike Bamber. Hopefully, his achievements will be surpassed by your successor if you get us the green light for a new ground, and move aside for someone with real money to invest. :lolol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Re: Re: Message from Dick Knight

3gulls said:
No mate, I know that's what you think. But that accolade must go to the late, great Mike Bamber. Hopefully, his achievements will be surpassed by your successor if you get us the green light for a new ground, and move aside for someone with real money to invest. :lolol:

Being a little older I would have said Ernie Stringer with Mike Bamber next

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
dave the gaffer said:
Ok f*** the lot of you....forget how I rescued the club from Archer and Stanley, forget how I brought you back from the shithole at Gillingham, forget how I brought you managers like Brian Horton ( an Albion Legend), Mickey Adams, Peter taylor, Steve Coppell and Mark McGhee, forget that the board and I have spent a fortune in trying to secure the club by persuing a dream of a Stadium to be proud of THAT WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT BRIGHTON AND HOVE UNITARY AUTHORITY WOULD SANCTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, forget how I help to facilitate the FREE USE of Withdean for a supporters match ( REMF) every year, forget how I attracted the likes of Norman Cooke to be an investor and pour millions into the club in sponsorship and donations, forget how I have been the most sucessful Chairman in the club's history, forget how I brought you Two Championships on the bounce and then a "cup final" at Cardiff................Go on then, go out into the big wide world and find some other daft twat to do what I have done....find someone with countless millions who will put money in to an Athletics Stadium owned by the council and subject to such planning laws that we could not get more than 9000 in the ground as the bridge at the east of the ground is too narrow we wouldn't get a safety certificate......

Reading some of the absolute hogwash on here i sometimes wonder what planet some people are currently orbiting.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I would say DK has been the most successful-especially considering the fact that we haven't even got a f**king ground. All other chairmen before him have had the potential crowds to help finance better times. DK has been financially distracted by the new stadium bid, inquiries, studies, etc. Not to mention 2 years in exile and time since spent with capacity artificially capped at under 7000.

I wonder where we'd be if any previous chairmen had to contend with all of the shit DK's had to put up with?

Last edited:

larus

3gulls said:

The achievement must be measured in terms of starting point to ending point, and the constraints you work with.

Under DK, we've moved from virtually dropping out of the football league, to (as so well expressed by DtG) where we are now, with the constraints of funding a very expensive planning application on a very limited budget due to the limitation of Withdean.

Mike Bamber had a ground with large crowds, so his relative achievements do not compare to DK.

Last edited:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The threads of the happy clappy people having a go at DK moaners are almost as boring as the threads of the DK moaners in the first place!

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Albion Dan said:
The threads of the happy clappy people having a go at DK moaners are almost as boring as the threads of the DK moaners in the first place!

Well said. Nobodies bombarding the papers with demands for him to quit, protesting outside his house or abusing him. A few diusgruntled fans are having a little whinge after a bad week which will happen in football. I'm sure Dick Knight understands that, if he doesn't maybe he should have bought a netball club.

On the same subject so should Mark McGhee. Him having a pop at the fans is exactly the same as the fans having a pop at him.

Football fans will never agree, thats the beauty of it. The position Dick Knight's put himself in leaves him open to a bit of criticism. Nobody begrudged him his 'milking it' lap of the pitch at Cardiff, even the moaners. In a bad spell he'll cop a bit of stick too.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters

3gulls said:

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Timbo said:
Well said. Nobodies bombarding the papers with demands for him to quit, protesting outside his house or abusing him. A few diusgruntled fans are having a little whinge after a bad week which will happen in football. I'm sure Dick Knight understands that, if he doesn't maybe he should have bought a netball club.

On the same subject so should Mark McGhee. Him having a pop at the fans is exactly the same as the fans having a pop at him.

Football fans will never agree, thats the beauty of it. The position Dick Knight's put himself in leaves him open to a bit of criticism. Nobody begrudged him his 'milking it' lap of the pitch at Cardiff, even the moaners. In a bad spell he'll cop a bit of stick too.

Exactly....."mustnt moan or criticise" - they are having a laugh its all part of the wonderful game

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

3gulls said:

Ok, all of you people with massive amounts of cash to invest in the Albion-please take a seat and join the other interested parties

2003-11-19-new-waiting-room.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here