Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Message Fae North of the Border...

seagull@stirling

Jan 17, 2006
Guid luck on Wednesday!

After our defeat against World Dive Champions Italy it's all down to England.

Should be easy now it's in your hands, though I can't "support" England (like what's been said before like supporting Palace & The Albion at the same time).

But the Euros without one representative from the UK would have been shite, would have prefered it was us or maybe even both at a push :D

Guid Luck...

I'm away to hang the skirt up for this campaign and have another cry :cry:

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Guid luck on Wednesday!

After our defeat against World Dive Champions Italy it's all down to England.

Should be easy now it's in your hands, though I can't "support" England (like what's been said before like supporting Palace & The Albion at the same time).

But the Euros without one representative from the UK would have been shite, would have prefered it was us or maybe even both at a push :D

Guid Luck...

I'm away to hang the skirt up for this campaign and have another cry :cry:

Most English people I know always want Scotland to win if they are playing anyone from outside the UK; and would have much preferred Scotland at Euro 2008 rather than Italy (and not only because we would stand a better chance of beating you:lol:). What is it with a lot of your countrymen (Alex Salmond for one) that means they can't reciprocate? Never understood it.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Most English people I know always want Scotland to win

Really? I can't think of one person I know (other than my mum, who's just far too nice) who would want Scotland to win at anything.

I'm delighted that once again they've managed to f*** it right up, especially as we've probably scraped in through the back door.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Not an expert but in Scottish speak does'nt "Fae" mean "for"?

Anyroad, thanks. I am looking forward to the accolades from Scotland when England inevitably get dumped out on Wednesday!

Not an expert but in Scottish speak does'nt "Fae" mean "for"?

It's 'Scots', not 'Scottish speak'.

And no, it doesn't mean 'for' - it means 'from'.

It's actually a late 18th-century Northern Scots variant of Early Scots 'frae'. The earliest recorded use of 'frae' (meaning 'from') dates from the late 15th century. Historically it means 'from' in the sense of time ('from the time that', 'since'); it's a late 20th-century variant, probably originating in Central Scotland, to use it to mean from a place.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
So what does "Fraeme" mean? apart from some wood around a picture you bunch of Plastics?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
And another thing, if we are all going to start posting in regional accents...by Lord the Carnage!! Guid gawd och ye sassenachs, hameward tae think agin!!:lol:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Scots isn't an accent - it's a dialect.

Hello and welcome back to Pedants corner!

Remind me next time I am speaking to someone speaking English in a Scottish "dialect" to compliment them on their lovely "dialect".

Sorry, but it is also an accent, the same as Welsh, French etc. etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here