Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Meridian tonight

germanbha

Didier Konan Ya to sign
Nov 18, 2008
Uk
Is it only me that gets pissed off how they also go on about ''Super Saints'' and portsmouth when it comes to us we get a small mention and only a 5 sec clip of us!!! :US:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Fred Dinenage is a Pompey supporter, they are (currently) the region's highest placed team so I could grudgingly understand it.

Saints all but won promotion yesterday, why on earth wouldn't they celebrate that on the local news channel?

Our season was done and dusted weeks ago, and besides, we didn't play yesterday unlike all the tools from Hampshire.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Fred Dinenage is a Pompey supporter, they are (currently) the region's highest placed team so I could grudgingly understand it.

Saints all but won promotion yesterday, why on earth wouldn't they celebrate that on the local news channel?

Our season was done and dusted weeks ago, and besides, we didn't play yesterday unlike all the tools from Hampshire.

Yeah all true, Fred dineage is dull as f***ing dish water though

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
it be the same next season as were going to be in the same league as scumhampton and portsmouth and we will only get a little mention

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Absolutely right,

The TV broadcast comes from S---hampton so they are not going to be too interested in putting forward the point of view of Pompey, and even less so Albion and Bmuff ( if surprisingly they triumph in the play offs ) , all of whom are outside of their immediate catchment area. Bmuff will, I believe, do slightly better for cover because they are closer neighbours and not those 'ruffians' in Portsmouth or their distant cousins in Brighton who are just about on the edge of the 'known world'.

It's tough titty but we have to get used to it because that is the way it is and is going to be !

Best

Al

PS. Methinks we can only redress that situation on 'The Pitch'

Last edited:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
The Meridian Studios are in Whiteley. Which is next to Fareham and is almost in Portsmouth. They pay their Business rates to Winchester, whose team is managed by Butters and they never get any coverage at all on Meridian. :nono:

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Dineage is a flaccid warty old cock sliding into Meridian which is a manky flapping fanny. I can't remember the last time I watched Meridian or South Today for that matter, probably when I last wanted to know about what was happening in Oxford or Swindon.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset

This !

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Why worry ? Watch BBC South instead if it irks you that much.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
we`ve had our fair share of coverage all season and Southampton almost guaranteeing promotion is bigger news than us picking up the trophy. was surprised they even showed it as it was three days before.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
South East Today :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here