Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mercurial, majestic, magnificent Mitoma [20/10/23: New deal signed]

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I remember reading an article about Mitoma when we signed him. Some Japanese football expert described his style as being like Ronaldo.

I naturally thought ‘bollox’ and kind of put him down as a Championship level player but one that could develop with us.

In actual fact, he has been very good straight out the box. It was amazing to see him roasting Trippier so easily at the Amex.

I’m now struggling to think of a better winger we’ve ever had here. In terms of shooting, speed, dribbling and passing, I just don’t think there is one.
It's all relative, but I did rather like John Robinson and Clive Walker, roasted teams in whatever the second division was called then*

*probably 'the second division'

medwayseagull reborn

Oct 12, 2022
I thought we were talking about professional athletes?

Why compare them to Asian neighbours? I imagine it's top 3 for living conditions in the world. Surely a bushido warrior like yourself is aware of that?
Is that the same as a bullshit warrior ?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
After the team meeting videos today, I can only imagine it's a restless sleep for Trent tonight...

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Our production line is churning out hits faster than Stock Aiken and Waterman in the 80s. Good job bankings gone digital or we’d have an employee permanently based at the Midland.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Our production line is churning out hits faster than Stock Aiken and Waterman in the 80s. Good job bankings gone digital or we’d have an employee permanently based at the Midland.
It's certainly respectable.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Lads/Lasses

HUGE news.

I saw my first local in a Brighton shirt. I was at a kids tournament and one of the younger brothers of one of the opposition team players was proudly wearing this season's shirt. Mitoma proudly displayed on the back.

I didn't get to find out where they got the shirt from but it is the first time in the gazillion years I've now lived here that I've seen any of the natives* wear an Albion shirt.

It's happening!

* I didn't get to speak to them so I'm assuming he and his family are a)Japanese and b) born and raised in Japan. They could of course actually be from Brighton or have just moved back to Japan from a stint in England. Either way, it's a start, Brighton shirts in the playgrounds of Japan!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Lads/Lasses

HUGE news.

I saw my first local in a Brighton shirt. I was at a kids tournament and one of the younger brothers of one of the opposition team players was proudly wearing this season's shirt. Mitoma proudly displayed on the back.

I didn't get to find out where they got the shirt from but it is the first time in the gazillion years I've now lived here that I've seen any of the natives* wear an Albion shirt.

It's happening!

* I didn't get to speak to them so I'm assuming he and his family are a)Japanese and b) born and raised in Japan. They could of course actually be from Brighton or have just moved back to Japan from a stint in England. Either way, it's a start, Brighton shirts in the playgrounds of Japan!
Won’t be long till Chelsea buy that shirt off him and replace it with one of their’s…

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I bet Trent is currently trying to figure out the best way to pull a sicky so he doesn’t have to get tormented by Mitoma for a third time.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What is the lifespan of players brought into the first team by the Albion these days? It used to be 3 or 4 years, then it dropped to a year with Cucu, now it could be 25 to 30 games. I love the model but f*** me we need to keep these players beyond a year. Ali Mac is the exception.

If Ferguson keeps going like he has so far, no doubt he’ll be poached in the summer. Mitoma is a given I think.

It is a bittersweet experience being an Albion fan at the moment :down:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
What is the lifespan of players brought into the first team by the Albion these days? It used to be 3 or 4 years, then it dropped to a year with Cucu, now it could be 25 to 30 games. I love the model but f*** me we need to keep these players beyond a year. Ali Mac is the exception.

If Ferguson keeps going like he has so far, no doubt he’ll be poached in the summer. Mitoma is a given I think.

It is a bittersweet experience being an Albion fan at the moment :down:
You love the model but don’t really 🙄🙄😀 Mitoma is the one we would really miss we haven’t won a game without him under RDZ. Despite some posters thinking we will find another Mitoma or better if he leaves will be disappointed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here