Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mercurial, majestic, magnificent Mitoma [20/10/23: New deal signed]

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Sorry cant get excited about a player coming from abroad and going out on loan. There have been loads and apart from Sanchez never get near first team or have large sell on value.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
loving this signing , japanese and koreans are tough little ****ers , they have a sense of honour and will never give up ......welcome on board wee man......:kiss:

Bit racist mate.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
take it how you want.....wasn't meant that way ....quiet day for the wokies is it..?

or are you ...:fishing:

You have assigned him some characteristics based on his race, and called him "wee man".
He is 5'10", and you have no idea how tough, honorable or tenacious he is.
You just know he is Japanese and decided what you are expecting of him based on that, that is a racial prejudice.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
You have assigned him some characteristics based on his race, and called him "wee man".
He is 5'10", and you have no idea how tough, honorable or tenacious he is.
You just know he is Japanese and decided what you are expecting of him based on that, that is a racial prejudice.

Have you got nothing better to do?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Lovely stuff.

I hope he tears it up with us. I might be able to regain some of my charisma man powers if he does.*

*That's quite a niche reference. Just chuckle gently and move on.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
It's not derogatory, and can hardly be considered as hate speech in any way. Still, I'm sure young Mitoma will be grateful to you for being offended on his behalf. :shrug:

I didn't say it was derogatory or hate speech, but he has decided this guy will have certain attributes based on his race.
I am just asking him to take notice that he is being a bit racist, and he can read absolutely nothing into the guys character based on the single thing he knows about him, his ethnicity.
If you are willing to do that for one ethnicity, you probably do it for more, if not all. Just get out of that bad habit of assuming you know something meaningful about someone because of their race, colour or country.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Sorry cant get excited about a player coming from abroad and going out on loan. There have been loads and apart from Sanchez never get near first team or have large sell on value.

It's playing the long game. It's strategic. It's making sure you don't get caught out (like Palace) with a squad full of ageing, out of contract, journeymen.

It's also fascinating to see the way TB has invested in a "feeder club" like USG, getting them promoted into the Belgian top division (playing alongside the likes of Anderlecht, Club Bruges, Genk, Standard Liege....). Will be interesting to see if they can become the last Belgian club to get elected into the new BeNe league (I think that spot is still up for grabs).

I hope - sometime in the next few years - someone will write a book about Tony Bloom's strategy to build a top football club from a League One team playing at Withdean. The whole thing (The Amex, the training complex, the USG bit, the player acquisition process, the Women's team, etc, etc). It's amazing!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
His name is a bit of a mouthful. From now on I will refer to him as Kerry Katona.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here