Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mercurial, majestic, magnificent Mitoma [20/10/23: New deal signed]

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
:Luckily you are not in charge either

Never confuse complacency for common sense

If you like the way West and Villa spunk money why not follow them?

Because I don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Even after the going through the thorough process of Google translating girlfriend of kaoru mitoma (三笘薫の彼女) and Google searching that, I could only find these. This draws me to the conclusion he is happy in the company of his football friends, and doesn’t want the hassle of females!

View attachment 138512
View attachment 138513
View attachment 138514
View attachment 138515
View attachment 138516
View attachment 138517
View attachment 138518

Disappointed. But I do appreciate your hard work. Good effort. :thumbsup:

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Can confirm no WAG for this guy based on a fan blog here....

https://takubou.site/mitomakaoru-girlfriend/

He's close to a female player that plays for the Japanese national team but apparently they are just childhood friends.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Got to love a bit of Google translate

Kawasaki and Kaoru Mitoma completely transferred to premier Brighton

So we get a player and a motorbike. Excellent news

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
No I am clearly calling you a defeatist

I list out our clubs transfer policy and you call me a defeatist. Still don’t quite get that.

Explain how that makes me a defeatist? Because I don’t demand the club buy a £50m striker?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Kaoru Mitoma

I list out our clubs transfer policy and you call me a defeatist. Still don’t quite get that.

Explain how that makes me a defeatist? Because I don’t demand the club buy a £50m striker?

Again you quote a figure I have not quoted. Our ‘transfer policy’ has already been demonstrated by our bid for González this summer.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Just ignore the poster. If we sign a GK next they'll be moaning about not singing a striker first.

Standard behaviour. Same playbook every time.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Just ignore the poster. If we sign a GK next they'll be moaning about not singing a striker first.

Standard behaviour. Same playbook every time.

Because I am consistently right. The fact is we could and should have finished mid-table last season but instead achieved basically the same position by failing once again to address the single and most obvious gap in our squad. I am not going to start posting the opposite just to keep you and other posters happy

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Because I am consistently right. The fact is we could and should have finished mid-table last season but instead achieved basically the same position by failing once again to address the single and most obvious gap in our squad. I am not going to start posting the opposite just to keep you and other posters happy

We cannot alter the order signings are made.

No one should stop all recruitment across the board until striker recruitment is completed.

Repetitive moaning about recruitment team "focus" is tedious and won't change anything. :shrug:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Even after the going through the thorough process of Google translating girlfriend of kaoru mitoma (三笘薫の彼女) and Google searching that, I could only find these. This draws me to the conclusion he is happy in the company of his football friends, and doesn’t want the hassle of females!

View attachment 138513

Jury's Inn?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Predict he will (if he hasn't already) come back claiming he's never mentioned £50M, it's you that brought that up (he has history!)

Block them, many have I suspect.
Indeed, Much more fun just to open one occasionally to see what he's banging on about!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

There isn't really a gap in our squad though, we have strikers, there is a gap in the Xg and actual goals.
We need to get more goals out of the strikers we have, (and the midfield) not necessarily bin them off and start afresh with someone else, who may well not work out either.
Chelsea do it all the time, buy in a player that should guarantee a load of goals and then get far less than they hoped. Timo Werner being the latest, but Shevchenko, Torres, Mo Salah, Morata, in the past have all underwhelmed at Chelsea.
I think Werner and Maupay will both do better this season. Other PL strikers have taken a while to hit form, but have been given support and coaching and it has paid off.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
There isn't really a gap in our squad though, we have strikers, there is a gap in the Xg and actual goals.
We need to get more goals out of the strikers we have, (and the midfield) not necessarily bin them off and start afresh with someone else, who may well not work out either.
Chelsea do it all the time, buy in a player that should guarantee a load of goals and then get far less than they hoped. Timo Werner being the latest, but Shevchenko, Torres, Mo Salah, Morata, in the past have all underwhelmed at Chelsea.
I think Werner and Maupay will both do better this season. Other PL strikers have taken a while to hit form, but have been given support and coaching and it has paid off.

Honestly I hope your optimism for Maupay is justified. The truth is last season he went backwards. Best chance without investing further is keeping Welbs fit, but that is a big risk . No, we need to invest. Having numbers does not mean we have sufficient quality.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here