Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mercurial, majestic, magnificent Mitoma [20/10/23: New deal signed]

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Absolutely. There is no reason why we can't close that gap between Xg and goals scored this coming season - younger players a year more experienced, a better contribution from midfield (and let's face it, our scoring record from midfield last season was absolute shite), and things could look a fair bit better. The likes of Moder especially, and Caicedo, look as if they know where the goal is.
A nice new shiny striker would be nice if the right one comes along at the right price, but not any striker at [Iany[/I] price as some people are clamouring for, with prophecies of doom and destruction if we - or rather Tony Bloom - doesn't stump up £40M plus £100K a week for Gary Goals!

A. Nobody mentioned a price (except you) [emoji1782]
B. Nobody mentioned doom and destruction (except you) [emoji1782]
C. You are deluded if you think two young strikers getting older is going to solve our extreme profligacy problem

Other than that, you are spot on [emoji736]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Corrected for you - and that is WHY it's a big if.

Don’t **** with me accurate post. Much appreciated [emoji120]

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Getting a Muzza 2 is asking a lot.

I expect we are looking at striker targets. But let’s be honest it’s (most likely) going to be a) someone we haven’t heard of b) good valuation / high re-sale value and c) from a non major European or South American League.

We’re not going to pluck another Glenn Murray out of thin air unfortunately.

That’s the defeatist attitude that gets you where you want to get to! [emoji23]

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Top 10 is a long term goal, not a hard deadline for this season or the next…

You need to catch up with Tony’s latest pronouncements

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
That is far more likely than a fuly tried and tested PL striker coming in for big money!

I Bl00dy hope so, but very unlikely he will bang in more than single figures IMHO

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Welbeck - Brilliant on his day ESSENTIAL we keep him fit.
Andone - Still not clear if Potter rates him, & no idea how he will perform post injury.
Maupay - Better than many on here seem to think, & confident he will have a better season.
Zeqiri - Would benefit from a season on loan.
Connolly - No thanks.

So we MUST sign a decent striker.

Blimey [emoji46] more extreme than me!

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Not convinced we MUST sign a striker. I think we have goalscoring talent in the club, especially now Mwepu has joined. With a bit of confidence from a few goals and a better start, I think goals could come from all over the team next season. I can't wait and if we don't sign a new Prem ready striker, I'm not that bothered.

How many times have you seen Mwepu play? What makes you think he will make a significant goal or assist contribution from midfield?

Complacency like yours get you in trouble in the highly competitive Prem. Luckily you are NOT in charge.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
How many times have you seen Mwepu play? What makes you think he will make a significant goal or assist contribution from midfield?

Complacency like yours get you in trouble in the highly competitive Prem. Luckily you are NOT in charge.

:Luckily you are not in charge either

Never confuse complacency for common sense

If you like the way West and Villa spunk money why not follow them?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
:Luckily you are not in charge either

Never confuse complacency for common sense

If you like the way West and Villa spunk money why not follow them?

Though to be fair they finished above us, and West Ham had a very good season.

I would be concerned if we went with the same forwards as last season, but perhaps Zeqiri will come into the reckoning.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
That’s the defeatist attitude that gets you where you want to get to! [emoji23]

Eh? That’s the clubs transfer model, not of my invention.

So you’re effectively calling Tony Bloom and Dan Ashworth defeatist.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Obviously I haven't seen him play any more than you, but I thought 10 goals in the domestic league and cup suggested he might make a significant goal contribution from midfield?

Which in turn, if he scores two or three early doors might take the pressure off our strikers and help them relax in front of goal.

But then that won't help with your obsession with Brighton somehow signing a World Class striker when even Man City can't afford one.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Obviously I haven't seen him play any more than you, but I thought 10 goals in the domestic league and cup suggested he might make a significant goal contribution from midfield?

Which in turn, if he scores two or three early doors might take the pressure off our strikers and help them relax in front of goal.

But then that won't help with your obsession with Brighton somehow signing a World Class striker when even Man City can't afford one.

It’s about gradual improvement, doesn’t have to be world class.

IMO we’re a top 12 team waiting to happen, but we are nowhere near clinical enough - a better player would hopefully improve this.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A. Nobody mentioned a price (except you) [emoji1782]
B. Nobody mentioned doom and destruction (except you) [emoji1782]
C. You are deluded if you think two young strikers getting older is going to solve our extreme profligacy problem

Other than that, you are spot on [emoji736]
Your emojis aren't working any better than the rest of your posts. I hope you don't explode if the club doesn't take your advice and sign a striker. I'll be quite relaxed about it.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington

Strikers are SO 1970s.

All the cool kids now don't bother with them.

You'll be asking Tony to sign Sir Stanley Matthews next.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Strikers are SO 1970s.

All the cool kids now don't bother with them.

You'll be asking Tony to sign Sir Stanley Matthews next.

Probably more effective than some of our current strikers! [emoji6]

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Your emojis aren't working any better than the rest of your posts. I hope you don't explode if the club doesn't take your advice and sign a striker. I'll be quite relaxed about it.

Good for you. Just my opinion. Just yours. But I have the stats and every ****ing football pundit, other managers and players, etc. Etc on my side

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

I genuinely hope you are right, but I think you are clutching at straws

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Eh? That’s the clubs transfer model, not of my invention.

So you’re effectively calling Tony Bloom and Dan Ashworth defeatist.

No I am clearly calling you a defeatist

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here