Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mercurial, majestic, magnificent Mitoma [20/10/23: New deal signed]

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Fine by me. I think he's overrated. If we do buy a striker - which I think is a big if - he wouldn't be high on my list.

Why is it a big IF!? It is clearly the single most important signing that we MUST make

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Why is it a big IF!? It is clearly the single most important signing that we MUST make.

I agree.

Maupay was pretty much first choice in every game. Whilst his all round game was fantastic, his finishing was poor but the likes of Connolly were even worse at finding the net. We need a No.9 to put extreme pressure on Maupay for his place.

With Zeqiri & Welbeck destined to play wide left, it’s essential that Neal can be benched without affecting the way we play if he continues to miss big chance after big chance.

That said, I’d be starting him, Welbz & Tross in the regular front three from the beginning of the season to see if the finishing problem has been resolved.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Why is it a big IF!? It is clearly the single most important signing that we MUST make

We signed Welbeck again, we have Andone fit again, and we still have Maupay, Zeqiri and Connolly. A shiny new one would be nice, but I wouldn't say it is a must, if the club can't land one of their top targets, I would rather they didn't bother than just keep working down the list till they get one.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
We signed Welbeck again, we have Andone fit again, and we still have Maupay, Zeqiri and Connolly. A shiny new one would be nice, but I wouldn't say it is a must, if the club can't land one of their top targets, I would rather they didn't bother than just keep working down the list till they get one.

This

A front 3 of Khadra, Zeqiri and Welbeck with Maupay in reserve could surprise a few people

I doubt there will be any more major signings

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

But at what cost? Not mine or your money but 'proven goal scorers' are a premium in transfer fees and wages.

So from the Championship? Like Maupay who scored goals for fun? Or Watkins who did better when he got to the PL?

Armstrong at Blackburn? Southampton are apparently after him, no idea how good he is and at 24, still young but at what cost.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Kaoru Mitoma

I also have to agree with b.w.2… whether it happens I don’t know, but I would be disappointed if we didn’t land a new striker. No of course, I’m not expecting an elite level £50m Center forward, but we need competition for Maup.

Would be surprised if we’re not in the conversation for Armstrong or at least have an eye on a few others.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
WAG please.

Even after the going through the thorough process of Google translating girlfriend of kaoru mitoma (三笘薫の彼女) and Google searching that, I could only find these. This draws me to the conclusion he is happy in the company of his football friends, and doesn’t want the hassle of females!

40882429-7FCB-4CCA-B359-69004D152F60.jpeg
F384E8A7-8997-405E-8C04-B8D2D3810DA5.jpeg
A6B16F5A-7AFA-4096-B340-58CE1A18A99C.jpeg
B5B99678-FFB6-4006-A6B0-72BFC47DCEC0.jpeg
F1296D71-F95E-4D63-B953-B0EE3BD4E2E3.jpeg
4DDFA5B6-666B-4296-BDBB-2A3F2FFFA941.jpeg
12A24A49-7275-4B35-909E-1360ED60BC10.jpeg

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

I hope a new model Andone will be like a new signing. A full pre season and who knows?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
But at what cost? Not mine or your money but 'proven goal scorers' are a premium in transfer fees and wages.

So from the Championship? Like Maupay who scored goals for fun? Or Watkins who did better when he got to the PL?

Armstrong at Blackburn? Southampton are apparently after him, no idea how good he is and at 24, still young but at what cost.

Whoever we sign will be a risk. But, if we don’t take it, then we will not reach our publicly-stated top 10 goal.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

Welbeck - brilliant but likely injury problems
Andone - hopeful he will do well, est max 10 goals
Maupay - see Andone
Zeqiri and Connolly - not good enough YET

So, we MUST sign a decent striker

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I agree.

Maupay was pretty much first choice in every game. Whilst his all round game was fantastic, his finishing was poor but the likes of Connolly were even worse at finding the net. We need a No.9 to put extreme pressure on Maupay for his place.

With Zeqiri & Welbeck destined to play wide left, it’s essential that Neal can be benched without affecting the way we play if he continues to miss big chance after big chance.

That said, I’d be starting him, Welbz & Tross in the regular front three from the beginning of the season to see if the finishing problem has been resolved.

Thank you. IMHO we will NOT solve our number one problem without signing Muzza 2…

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Absolutely. There is no reason why we can't close that gap between Xg and goals scored this coming season - younger players a year more experienced, a better contribution from midfield (and let's face it, our scoring record from midfield last season was absolute shite), and things could look a fair bit better. The likes of Moder especially, and Caicedo, look as if they know where the goal is.
A nice new shiny striker would be nice if the right one comes along at the right price, but not any striker at [Iany[/I] price as some people are clamouring for, with prophecies of doom and destruction if we - or rather Tony Bloom - doesn't stump up £40M plus £100K a week for Gary Goals!

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Thank you. IMHO we will NOT solve our number one problem without signing Muzza 2…

Getting a Muzza 2 is asking a lot.

I expect we are looking at striker targets. But let’s be honest it’s (most likely) going to be a) someone we haven’t heard of b) good valuation / high re-sale value and c) from a non major European or South American League.

We’re not going to pluck another Glenn Murray out of thin air unfortunately.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Welbeck - brilliant but likely injury problems
Andone - hopeful he will do well, est max 10 goals
Maupay - see Andone
Zeqiri and Connolly - not good enough YET

So, we MUST sign a decent striker

Welbeck - Brilliant on his day ESSENTIAL we keep him fit.
Andone - Still not clear if Potter rates him, & no idea how he will perform post injury.
Maupay - Better than many on here seem to think, & confident he will have a better season.
Zeqiri - Would benefit from a season on loan.
Connolly - No thanks.

So we MUST sign a decent striker.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Getting a Muzza 2 is asking a lot.

I expect we are looking at striker targets. But let’s be honest it’s (most likely) going to be a) someone we haven’t heard of b) good valuation / high re-sale value and c) from a non major European or South American League.

We’re not going to pluck another Glenn Murray out of thin air unfortunately.

Patrik Schick is GM2

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Not convinced we MUST sign a striker. I think we have goalscoring talent in the club, especially now Mwepu has joined. With a bit of confidence from a few goals and a better start, I think goals could come from all over the team next season. I can't wait and if we don't sign a new Prem ready striker, I'm not that bothered.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here