Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mercurial, majestic, magnificent Mitoma [20/10/23: New deal signed]

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Looking at his heat map for RUSG last season and knowing how Potter likes to redefine a player's position, might he fill in for any potential departures?

20220610_141603.jpg

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Think you might be doing him an injustice there. That looks very, very clever. He attempted to put it in an area where multiple outcomes were possible. If he'd hit it slightly differently, one of the two players there gets a head or foot on it - chance for a goal. He puts it where he did, the keeper can't move to cover it (because he has to cover the possibility of either of those two players in the box getting something on it) and it's into the corner.

So actually, that was a rather high percentage cross/shot. Either it goes in direct, or he creates an assist chance.

I dont think he thought there was a chance he might score, unless he says otherwise I'll just think it was a bit lucky.

I will admit that it was a bit harsh though, because it really was a decent cross and good vision to find his mates in that space.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
I dont think he thought there was a chance he might score, unless he says otherwise I'll just think it was a bit lucky.

I will admit that it was a bit harsh though, because it really was a decent cross and good vision to find his mates in that space.

We'll probably never know ... even if he claims it was deliberate, there's still the chance he didn't actually plan it. Either way, though, he scored because he put in a lovely dangerous ball:

Chance #1: the first of the two in the box gets his head on it. The keeper has to be prepared for that, which means he has to cover the centre of the goal and be ready to go the other way in case it's headed back across goal.

Chance #2: the second player sliding in looking to get a foot on it. Again, the keeper has to be prepared for that and stay central.

Chance #3: no one gets a touch on it, the keeper has been left in no-man's land, and it goes in the corner.

Whether he intended all of that or not, it was a sweet ball in and he deserves the credit for it :D.

(We'll ignore the fact the defense left him in acres of space and he had all the time in the world to pick out where he wanted to place it).

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Looked really exciting. Looking forward to him getting some more minutes.

Our depth in wide attacking areas is fantastic - succession planning for Trossard when he leaves next summer (or even January if he has a fantastic WC)?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Interesting that he was a like for like swap with Trossard in the left wingback position.

Aside from being impressed with his attacking skill (creating two superb chances), I was also very excited by how well he defended. He got back and made a good tackle, and was very aware of his role - as if he’d been playing in that system for ages.

Very early days, but a promising start and can’t wait to see more of him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was booooooooooing him - praise doesn't get any higher.

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
Really pleased with his debut.

Looked very sharp running against an England international full back.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Mitoma with some absolute filth today. X-rated stuff. #SILK

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here