Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mercurial, majestic, magnificent Mitoma [20/10/23: New deal signed]

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
You have to wonder how there wasn't more competition for his signature.

View attachment 156392
I remember reading at the time that we were confident about him as his numbers were through the roof but I wasn’t sure how much the standard of the league would have an impact on that but my god our recruiters were right!

Every time I watch him I’m astonished by how good he is. The first time I saw him live was the pre season friendly against Espanyol and he was easily skinning their defenders right in front of me every time. Was impressed then but again thought the opposition was weaker and it was a friendly. But he does it against everyone!

He is astonishing.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Interestingly he wasn't THAT good for USG.....

He was good but incredibly he's performing better in the PL than in Belgium.

20230130_150731.jpg

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
What is the lifespan of players brought into the first team by the Albion these days? It used to be 3 or 4 years, then it dropped to a year with Cucu, now it could be 25 to 30 games. I love the model but f*** me we need to keep these players beyond a year. Ali Mac is the exception.

If Ferguson keeps going like he has so far, no doubt he’ll be poached in the summer. Mitoma is a given I think.

It is a bittersweet experience being an Albion fan at the moment :down:
I think this is the reason why the Caicedo situation has really angered me. I love this Albion side but it's really hard looking at our great players and knowing that if they have one good season with us they're likely to push for a transfer and be off. RDZ is even resigned to the best case scenario of losing Moises in the summer.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
He’s always been a bit restrained and low key (very Asian) in goal celebrations previously - whether his or someone elses. He went head-mental yesterday though and took out Jeremy on the follow through. Something very good happening within the squad.

Absolutely this. The joy on his face was just sublime.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-01-30-21-39-34-20_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-01-30-21-39-34-20_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    297 KB · Views: 35

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He’s always been a bit restrained and low key (very Asian) in goal celebrations previously - whether his or someone elses. He went head-mental yesterday though and took out Jeremy on the follow through. Something very good happening within the squad.
Dunky said in post match interview that he's quiet. Without it being a criticism.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Absolutely this. The joy on his face was just sublime.
Is that Messi celebrating in the background?

Tony's got an ace up his sleeve it seems...

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Mitoma

Attachments

• 20230130_224139.jpg
    20230130_224139.jpg
    341.2 KB · Views: 57

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Feel free to watch the goal again, but it's your loss.
The actual star of the clip is Veltman, edge of the centre of the box, once again the celebration steals the show.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Feel free to watch the goal again, but it's your loss.
The actual star of the clip is Veltman, edge of the centre of the box, once again the celebration steals the show.

That’s great. Got to love Veltman.

I’m getting carried away with the goal now though. I’m starting to think technically it’s one of the best goals I’ve ever seen!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That’s great. Got to love Veltman.

I’m getting carried away with the goal now though. I’m starting to think technically it’s one of the best goals I’ve ever seen!!
I've been on Joel 'i celebrate like a 6 year old in the playground' Veltman for quite a while now.

Obviously when goals were so few and far between his celebration was easily picked up in the forensic study afterwards.
Now I just don't have the time to pick out all the nuances.

Very happy Velts still celebrates like a surprised child.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I'm guessing I'm not the only one who, at the ground, thought it looked a simple goal?! Basically, a tap in.

Very wrong, obviously!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here