• Poll closed .

Menswear

Did you rate them?

Menswear-Daydreamer-49138.jpg

Last edited:

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
At the time I did, but I was young, caught up in the heady days of a musical movement that I really believed meant something.

They were, of course, shit.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Went to see them at the Paradox in their hayday. Legendary! or just a bit shit.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
We gigged with them a few times . . . . once we sold out the Zap CLub and they got booed off and shit thrown at them by all our mates/fans etc

they where f***ing crap FACT

and I loved the home advantage system of gigs in Brighton back then :lolol:

we also played the same night with a nother flop band called Heavy Stereo, they where shyte as well, but nice enough guys . . . one of them plays for some slade/beatles type covers band now . . OOsis or something I think they're called ? :rolleyes:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
they couldn't have afforded it Benny, they only sold 12 records

you'd be hard pushed to find a copy of Daydreamer . . .in fact your probably more likely to find a copy of our single :down:

only1robbiereinalt

Oct 7, 2005
:angry:

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
zefarelly said:
they couldn't have afforded it Benny, they only sold 12 records

you'd be hard pushed to find a copy of Daydreamer . . .in fact your probably more likely to find a copy of our single :down:

What was the name of your band zefarelly?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Moloko PLus and latterly known as Shiner as we got offered a deal just as Moloko got press etc. It all went down hill from there really !

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
My only abiding memory of Menswear was that I remember doing a stall at the Essential Festival a few years ago.

Some stroppy teenager was giving me lip about 'what was the point of the Anti-Nazi League when there aren't any Nazis about?' I told her calmly and she just got more and more irate. Eventually I told her (perhaps not over kindly) to bugger off and go and annoy someone else.

At which point, she threw herself on the ground, screamed hysterically, thumping and kicking the ground cartoon-style before, teary-eyed, standing up and shouting at me - with absolutely no sense of irony - 'You horrible, horrible person. I'm going to get Johnny from Menswear to beat you up. I love him and he's very strong...'

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

I was reading a bio on them and they managed to sign a record deal after 5 gigs ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here