Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Men's goal of the season :)

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

Wow we scored some scorchers last season. So much so i'm not even sure that the PL goal of the season should be our goal of the season. Certainly not if MacAllister's volley against Leicester had been allowed.

I'm going
1) Mitoma v Brenford
2) Enciso v Chelsea
3) Enciso v City

But tomorrow I would probably give you a completely different list

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Wow we scored some scorchers last season. So much so i'm not even sure that the PL goal of the season should be our goal of the season. Certainly not if MacAllister's volley against Leicester had been allowed.

I'm going
1) Mitoma v Brenford
2) Enciso v Chelsea
3) Enciso v City

But tomorrow I would probably give you a completely different list
Reminded me how much I'm looking forward to the start of the season. Goal after goal, bloody marvelous.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
I liked the first welbeck goal, I don’t k ow how he managed to control it and get it to where he can shoot, really outstanding.

I also like mitoma Brentford but mostly as Steele got the assist!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
There are some really lovely goals in that lot. What a side…….. Justbhopecwe get something similar this coming season

I suppose it has to be Ensiccos against City but Mitoma’s pass to Fergie is sublime

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Some absolute stunners in there - almost impossible to separate lots of them. A real treasure chest and absolute pick me up at any time of day.
I'd go

1 Enciso v City
2 Mitoma v Liverpool
3 Solly v Saints, just to spread it around a bit

Interesting that there's isn't even one header in there ...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There are some really lovely goals in that lot. What a side…….. Justbhopecwe get something similar this coming season

I suppose it has to be Ensiccos against City but Mitoma’s pass to Fergie is sublime
Assist of the season.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Such a difficult decision but I am coming down on the side of Enciso v City. I think it is because of the City fans in the South stand applauding as it went in. You don’t see the opposition cheering a goal against them very often!

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Enciso's goal against City is not just the goal of the season for the team, it is the Premier League goal of the season, and quite possibly the best Albion goal of all time.

Technically incredible. Wasn't just a hit and hope - everything about it was 100% intentional, from the placement, to the curve, to the pace. It's a thing of absolute beauty. We already knew he had it in his locker, but to do it, like that, against the league Champions was unreal.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
I think the biggest shame is that Mac Allisters absolute rocket against Leicester was ruled out as that's a clear winner for goal of the season otherwise.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Enciso's goal against City is not just the goal of the season for the team, it is the Premier League goal of the season, and quite possibly the best Albion goal of all time.

Technically incredible. Wasn't just a hit and hope - everything about it was 100% intentional, from the placement, to the curve, to the pace. It's a thing of absolute beauty. We already knew he had it in his locker, but to do it, like that, against the league Champions was unreal.
And for it to seal a place in the Europa League too makes it even sweeter. Think it will go down as one of the truly classic Amex moments.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Mitoma's goal against Liverpool for me, the control as he juggled the ball to open up the shot was quite incredible...however, the two Enciso goals are stunning too.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Doesn’t seem long ago we had no more than a handful of goals to watch at the end of the season. The ‘contenders’ montage for last season goes on for bloody AGES :bowdown: :bowdown:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Agree. It's tough but:
1, Mitoma vs Liverpool
2, Enciso vs Chelsea
3, Enciso vs City
The skill for Mitoma's goal is simply outrageous, three touches that are absolutely sublime. Have a look back at them: they're unsurpassable.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
As Enciso v City will obviously win, I'm going for Gross v Wolves.
Well, you have encouraged me to actually vote for the Enciso v City goal as firstly it was my favourite and secondly i would hate for it not to win purely and simply because everyone assumed that it would! (shades of brexit?)
On another note having watched the video on the club website i was surprised that i could not find how to vote without leaving the site and using a search engine, is that just me or have others found the same?
edit: just had a look at the womens goal of the season and there is a direct link to vote on that one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here