• Team Kate

Votes: 163 75.5%

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Team Meghan, she gave Harry a way out

Without Megan and Harry I can see the likes of Australia becoming a republic quite soon (as soon as the Queen passes away)

Barbados is already becoming one at the end of this year.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Barbados is already becoming one at the end of this year.

Its a bizarre quirk that the Queen is still the head of state in quite a few nations, like Aus, NZ, Canada, Fiji etc. Albeit the role of the governer general is largely symbolic

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
"She made me cry by being nasty about my dress"

"No she made ME cry about the colour of the robes"

Facking Hell. When are the pubs open?

Last edited:

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Kate x1,000,000.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I hope as a country that after the Queen sadly passes, we give serious consideration of folding the whole lot away into a nice history box and that’s where it’s consigned. We’ll still make money from opening up Buck Palace and people will flock to see the history - we don’t need a ‘live’ monarchy for it to still be an asset - it’s such a poor argument that they bring money in, like having some ancient feudal system of inherited titles is justified by a tourism figure. It’s time to bring an end to the whole thing. Even Royalists don’t want King Charles, if you can’t accept succession then they don’t believe in it either!

That’s fine they won’t get a King Charles as he is likely to be King George

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Harry shot people. Is that OK?

Obviously you are entitled to think that grouse and pheasants and foxes are nice animals that should be protected while their prey are not nice and should be eaten, but don't put it down to environmentalism. There's no logic to that, just random prejudice about which animals (and which people) you like.

My dad fought in WW2, I don't think he killed anyone directly but was a chief armourer i.e. supplied and installed the ammunition on aeroplanes used to kill people we were fighting so plays some part in killing people. From what I ascertain the only people Harry shot (at as no confirmed kills) were Taliban who we were again fighting in a war (rightly or not) which was government sanctioned. So do you think people serving there country were wrong?

Its pretty clear that importing 30 million pheasants and concentrating them in certain areas has a bad impact on that local environment for certain species. Some areas there are marginal but short term benefits to seed eating birds but long term affects seem to be more negative especially on invertebrates which are food source for other birds and small mammals (e.g. hedgehogs).

To keep these birds 'safe' lots of local wildlife e.g. foxes, badgers, stoats, weasels and various birds of prey are killed the irony being that these birds are then killed by people who take pleasure in shooting them and spreading lead shot through the countryside.

Pheasants are an invasive species yet funnily enough certain people are allowed to release into the countryside.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Zara has represented GB in the Olympic Games and other competitions.

Peter doesn’t make the news and gets on with life as a businessman, so pretty normal.

agreed but loads of people are businessmen or have represented the country in olympics, commonwealth games etc. Commendable but not anything unique or really special though.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
To be fair, the Tindall’s don’t take money from the Civil List so they don’t have to offer anything, just be a nice couple, which they seem to be.

I accept that and maybe its not them that is the problem , perhaps its more the press and BBc's preoccupation with royalty that I should be shooting down.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Funnily Harry was the only one who seemed normal.

Zara Tindall ( Phillips ) seems pretty normal, I can’t say I’ve seen her brother Peter in the news.

agreed but loads of people are businessmen or have represented the country in olympics, commonwealth games etc. Commendable but not anything unique or really special though.

I was just making a point about other members of the royal family being normal.

download.jpg

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
This made me chuckle, but is to the point really...

[tweet]1368988190187655172[/tweet]

So Harry now is earning his crust by hook ups with Netflix, and Spotify, and is getting criticised for it.
What job would pay as much as he’s getting and be acceptable to his critics.
He has no degree, only 2 pretty poor A Levels, but, 10 years service in the Army including 2 active tours and a helicopter pilot qualification.
I can’t see civvy helo pilot paying much, and I don’t know if there is much call for mercenaries these days. It used to pay well for ex squaddies, going back a while, not so sure now.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
If at the bottom of a primeval swamp in an isolated atoll on the planet Ennui in the distant galaxy of Tedium there lives a colony of single celled creatures devoid of the capacity for thought, they will nevertheless have more interest in everything Saxe-Coburg-Windsor than I do.

More of a Habsburg fan, eh?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here