Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Megabus.com

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Anybody used this company? If so what is their bus service like and what is their customer service like?
I was going to suggest them to someone but don't want to get blamed if they are useless.
Cheers.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Its okay, they run on time but they're not exactly the height of luxury. Still for the money they are great value my advice is just to book at times when there will be less people travelling, i.e week days, during the day etc.

Hockley Blues

Feb 3, 2005
Southend
Ised one to get to Swindon a few months back, which took the best part of 5 hours.

:nono:

They leak, smell and are generally crap, but for a quid, are probably worth it.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
chez said:
If u can you're better off getting the "fun fare" offers from National Express. Just as cheap and much better service

Yeah, they are good and I've used them before. Problem is that they don't offer it when I need it and their quote is £48 per person. Megabus was £6.50 per person.
I know they're going to be shitty, old and uncomfortable but the price just seemed too good to be true for the distance (160 miles). It's more the service that I'm worried about i.e. busses being late/not arriving and then being left stranded due to shit customer service.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
:bounce: Any of you day-shift NSC'ers have opinions/experience of Megabus?

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
You book online so there is no customer service. One bloke will check your ticket and then they drive off. They leave on time but then it does take a long time. London Brighton is nearly 3 hours.

Best thing about them is that they are cheap. If you want to be comfortable get the train.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here