Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Meet The UKIPPERS Sunday Night BBC2

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Having watched the "First 100 days of UKIP" I watched last night's programme with interest. Key points:

1. Their inexperience from top to bottom is worrying. They are people who would struggle to operate at district council level suddenly elevated to national politics. The Deputy Chairman Trevor Shonk, the press officer who resigned and Roseanne were all woefully out of their depth. The Party Deputy Chairman on QT 11 days ago was also woeful, comparing Hitler's takeover of Europe with the EU's keenness to assimilate Ukraine that - according to her - isn't even IN Europe!"

2. There's a lack of a unified party position on key issues, so many candidates simply don't know how they should reply to basic policy questions.

3. It is clear to see why they are keen to get councillors and MPs to defect to UKIP - these defectors are the only ones who know how the political process works.

4. Surely being a former member of the National Front should be enough to stop someone from becoming Chairman of the constituency party in a parliamentary seat, least of all in Farage's own constituency?!

what made me laugh is when the writers had an interviewer ask the MP is there was "a Mr. Kaur?". Unless they were aiming to highlight the ignorance of the interviewer, surely a culturally sensitive writer of a hatchet job on UKIP for Channel 4 would have known that Kaur is a female surname for Sikhs....

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
All this stuff about UKIP being a new party and therefore understandably amateurish is a smokescreen. What you have with UKIP is what you see...........a party full of racists, nutters and that one individual that might be entertaining down the pub.

What else does UKIP stand for other than immigration and Europe? What other policies does it have?
How many policies do the libs or labour have that are new and interesting?
To be frank the country literally runs itself and every new government just adds a few tweaks here and there...Have things really changed that much over decades of the same party's?

Ukip all the way:thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 22389

How many policies do the libs or labour have that are new and interesting?
To be frank the country literally runs itself and every new government just adds a few tweaks here and there...Have things really changed that much over decades of the same party's?

Ukip all the way:thumbsup:

Same here, I am so bored of the other parties. This country needs change.

Camicus

just two points.

1) When a candidate in one of the seats they might win says what happens when renewables run out shows a lack of comprehension.
2) Meet the ukippers. Not one single shagable one out of the lot of them.
So its a no from me

D

Deleted member 22389

Of course they won't privatise the NHS, because they will never govern this country - but it's something that they strongly advocate, given that they are a right-wing party. They will believe that healthcare should only be available to those who can afford it. Although that might not be explicitly reflected in their current policies, recent leaks tell us what we already know.

Leaked documents show UKIP leaders approve privatisation

UKIP's assault on the NHS would ensure its extinction

UKIP general secretary calls for NHS privatisation

Parts of the NHS are already contracted out to private companies. When I was at the hospital last Sodexo seemed to handle the cleaning, and cooking services.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
UKIP popularity down 3% in just over a week according to the polls.

Propaganda... or education

Cameron saying he is keen to hold an IN/OUT referendum sometime in 2016 could be the reason.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Parts of the NHS are already contracted out to private companies. When I was at the hospital last Sodexo seemed to handle the cleaning, and cooking services.

The contracting out of support services, like catering etc has been going on in the NHS for years, in fact for the last 15 or so years under both parties. The private development and ownership of NHS buildings under the Private Financing Initiative was a policy initiated by the Tories and then given a massive boot under Blair's government and the privatisation of clinical services (e.g. laboratories, orthopaedic surgery etc) was championed by Labour, again under Blair. And they would have you believe that the NHS is safe with them????? They're as bad as each other I'm afraid.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
More prisons, larger military budget, scrap renewable energy, more pollution, harsher laws, more money for the rich, less for the poor, privatise NHS.

Vote UKIP.
You're presuming as apparently ukip only have two policies???
If they can put british people first and bring some great back...then that'll do nicely.
Sick and tired of the foreign obsession and the Facking EU :thumbsup:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Thought it was unbelievable how she just came out with it, bet the camera man thought he'd hit the jackpot! They're all as bad as each other though, before long there'll be more riots on the streets only this time there'll be a hell of a lot more youngsters that feel let down n left out, voting won't do jack, violence is the only way to get heard, vive LA revolution!!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
But those of us considering voting for UKIP ( and I have done so in the past ) don't believe there is any likelihood of UKIP winning overall - it's highly improbable they will even hold the balance of power. No, I'm considering voting for them based on their almost single policy of getting out of the EU. I don't trust the Tories to do it without constant pressure on their vote from UKIP. Personally I don't think they would have even considered holding a referendum if it wasn't for the fear of UKIP.

These are comments actually stated........nice eh.

6ygo7n.jpg

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
These are comments actually stated........nice eh.

6ygo7n.jpg

Because the Irish or scots have no reputation for violence eh. I would accept that it's part of the culture of the nationalities of the British Isles ( who are a fag paper away from each other culturally ) but focusing on the english aspect of it is an embarrassment

D

Deleted member 22389

If they can put british people first and bring some great back...then that'll do nicely.

Thumbs up from me.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

...and they will do this in league with which other party, or are you laughably predicting UKIP winning the election?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Off topic, but are you a Brighton fan Dave, I can't see ANY threads where you have actually commented on the team?

Look harder.,

tbf, not recently, theres been so much racist/islamic stuff, none started by me, that its hard not to join in. :)
Maybe have a word with the people who are constantly starting threads on these issues?

Last edited:

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
A bloke I went to college with (a sometime Labour Party activist) moved to Brighton shortly after I did. He slowly started going mad. Making up conversations he'd supposedly overheard that he couldn't possibly have. Deciding that his workmates were all plotting against him. It escalated to the point where he wouldn't leave his bedsit unless he was wearing his homemade body armour (lots of 2p pieces sandwiched between duct tape). He also took to carrying a concealed knife. By this stage he had decided that the government knew he knew some 'secrets' that he wouldn't disclose, and they had hired most of the population of Brighton and Hove to track his every movement. There was also a team of armed ninjas hiding in the trees and following him down the street, hiding every time he turned to look at them.This escalated further to the point where he would flash his knife at me and his other mates down the pub, asking us through gritted teeth if we were involved, what were we telling 'Them' about him. We ended up backing away from him, not bothering to text him when we were going for a pint, telling him whenever we did see him that he should talk to his doctor about this conspiracy - eg "it must be very stressful having all these people after you, maybe your doctor can give you something for the stress?" It was quite clear to us that our former friend had become a paranoid shizophrenic, a potential danger to himself, us and pretty much everyone he came into contact with.

We were all very relieved when he left Brighton (about 15 years ago) and moved back to London.

Once every couple of years I Google his name, hoping to find some info to suggest that (a) he is still alive and has 'gotten better', rather than (b) finding some tragic news story involving him. Nothing ever came up until last year, when I found an online newspaper page listing someone with the same (unusual) name as him having just come within a few dozen votes of being elected to a council seat in Essex. I clicked a few links, found a photo, it was definitely him. I found his Twitter page and could instantly see he was still unwell - every other post saying that the BBC had a vendetta against him and had been spending millions of pounds of licence fee money over a period of decades trying to ruin his life. (NB I've found no evidence of the BBC ever having mentioned him re anything at all. I doubt anyone at the BBC knows he exists.) Again, classic paranoid schizophrenia. The party he stood for in that council election, that he is heavily involved with in his local area, is - as you've no doubt guessed from me posting this here - UKIP.

And that's when I suddenly understood what drives UKIP. Not all of them, but certainly a lot of their activists, a lot of their supporters. There is a delusion, a clinical paranoia, at the heart of their beliefs. A fear that immigrants are 'swamping' them; are after their jobs, their homes, their families. An overwhelming conspiracy that some hugely powerful organisation (the EU) is interfering in every aspect of their life, is following them down the street, is to blame for everything; from a ban on smoking in maternity wards, to a fruit machine not paying out, to the chippy running out of pickled onions... it's all the fault of those *******s at the EU who have it in for them.

That's why I fear UKIP, not for what they realistically could do today - even the high water mark of their opinion poll support would only translate (under the current UK voting system) into half a dozen seats in Cornwall and the Scottish Highlands - but what they could do in the future. If they can build on that support, if their 'madness' continues to grow unfettered. I'm worried that if UKIP ever did actually reach the level where they could come to power, they'd quite possibly plunge the whole word into economic turmoil or maybe nuclear armageddon, just 'cause they thought the President of France was talking to the King of Jordan behind their backs or something.

UKIP are that former friend flashing a knife and accusing us of being part of some huge conspiracy against them.

UKIP don't need their 'message' to be on 30 foot high billboards, further feeding that paranoia, that delusion.

What UKIP need to do is talk to their doctor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here