Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Meet our New Signings...

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
ANDREA ORLANDI
0,,10433~11175635,00.jpg

Albion's latest addition Andrea Orlandi has set his sights on replicating his recent success with Swansea City after moving to the south coast. The attacking midfielder moved from the Liberty Stadium this morning where he achieved promotion from League One into the Premier League - and he can already see similarities at the Amex. He told seagulls.co.uk, "Brighton is a lovely place to come with a great stadium and team, and I like what the club is trying to do. "It's similar to what Swansea have done during the past few years. This club is in the right place to move forward and we can create something really nice here. "It was a nice story at Swansea, with promotions. We won the League One title against Brighton and my first game in England was against Brighton too, so there has always been a bit of Brighton in my Swansea story. Now it's over and I'm very happy to be here as a Brighton player. "The way Brighton play is important and probably why I am here. I wouldn't fit in another kind of team. Brighton want to play football in a very similar way to Swansea and that is the way I have been playing for the last four or five years." Orlandi is already familiar with some of the current Albion squad, and is looking forward to a new adventure. "I know Calde [Inigo Calderon] well from my time at Alaves and other players like Marcos Painter and Ryan Harley, who were both at Swansea. I can't wait to meet everyone properly. "There are some very good players here and I know a lot of them already. From training I will get to know them even better and it's the mission of the club to move forward in the right direction. I will try to do my best to help. "I've also heard that the group is really tight here and the togetherness is there. That was also key for Swansea because we were all playing for each other and respecting each other. The Championship is always a tight race and we have the ingredients here to do well. "Hopefully my first game won't be too far away. Burnley is a very tough place to go and if I can make it on there I will be more than happy to be involved."

STEPHEN DOBBIE
0,,10433~11177752,00.jpg

Video: Brighton and Hove Albion | Player | Latest News | Video: Meet Stephen Dobbie

New Albion striker Stephen Dobbie can't wait to experience the Amex after signing for the Seagulls tonight. The 29-year-old completed his move to Brighton but will have to wait two weeks until the international break has passed to make his Albion bow. He told seagulls.co.uk, "It was an easy decision to come here. I've heard a lot of good things about the manager and I've seen Brighton play on TV. The stadium looks fantastic too and it looks like a really great atmosphere. I'm looking forward to playing here and showing the fans what I can do. "It's a bit of a shame that there is an international break next week but I'll be raring to go. I can't wait to get started with Brighton. "It's a hard division and a long slog but if you play football you can finish around the play-offs. I want to try and help Brighton get up there." The Scottish striker caught the eye of Gus Poyet during his time at Swansea City and on loan at Blackpool, and Dobbie feels that he will fit in well to the Brighton philosophy. Roberto Martinez is the one who got me into English football and Gus plays a similar style. I'm looking forward to working here. "It's the same philosophy as Swansea and Blackpool. They try to keep the ball and play through teams and I'm looking forward to working with, and learning from, this manager. "I've grown up watching Gus playing for Chelsea and he was an unbelievable player. I'm looking forward to coming in and learning from him and helping the team go in the right direction. "It's also nice to know people when you come into a new place; I know Marcos Painter and Ryan Harley from Swansea, and obviously Andrea signed today as well. "I like to score goals but I like to set them up too. If we can get the team promoted that will make me very happy."

DEAN HAMMOND
0,,10433~11177827,00.jpg

Video: Brighton and Hove Albion | Player | Latest News | Video: Meet Dean Hammond

Dean Hammond says it will be dream come true to finally play at the Amex as a Brighton player, after returning to the club on loan from Southampton. The 29-year-old tonight completed the move from St Mary's, but admitted that it's a very different club to the one that he left five years ago. He told seagulls.co.uk, "I'm delighted to be here and the club has changed so much. It's a different club now. The stadium is amazing and I can't wait to get going. "I never thought I'd be playing here as a Brighton player. I saw the plans when I was 15 years old and it's amazing to see it come to life. "It's my hometown club and I'm looking forward to being back here again and I have great memories. "The first game will be Sheffield Wednesday and it will be a fantastic atmosphere and I'll be looking forward to that. Hopefully I can prove myself in training and try to get a place in the side for that game. "It will be dream to play at this stadium as a Brighton player and I've been dreaming of that since of was a boy, with a Brighton shirt on." Hammond played at the Amex as a Southampton player earlier in the year and was impressed by the atmosphere, even though he was on the losing side that day. "I've been here once and it's an amazing atmosphere, but I lost as a Southampton player. I can't wait to experience that atmosphere again. "I have got a lot to prove to the fans though and I want to prove myself and get them back on side. I look forward to that challenge. "I'm very different and I've grown up. One of the major reasons for coming back is the way that the club play and the way that they pass the ball. It's fantastic. I have played against them a few times and Brighton dominate the games. "The ambition is to get up. The Championship is a very difficult league but we have some very good players here. There is a great manager and the way he wants to play football, we have every chance." Meanwhile, Hammond is looking forward to meeting up with a couple of familiar faces in training next week. "I know Adam El-Abd, he is one of my best mates and I know Charlie too - I've missed his banter!"

DAVID LOPEZ
0,,10433~11177872,00.jpg

Video: Brighton and Hove Albion | Player | Latest News | Video: Meet David Lopez

Albion newboy David Lopez is excited by a new adventure in England and feels that Brighton is the right fit for him. The 29-year-old Spaniard told seagulls.co.uk, "I'm very happy and I'm very excited about the project here. I just want to start playing now. "I know the Spanish players who are here and that acted as extra motivation for me to come. I know a lot about the team from the players who are here. "I really like the style of play at Brighton. I don't know a lot of the players here but I know the Spanish players and I have played against a lot of them before. I'm looking forward to playing with them and getting to know the team. "I've also seen stuff about the city on the internet and I've spoken to friends who have been here and they speak very highly of it." Lopez is confident that his creative spark will help Gus Poyet's side going forward and he is ready to prove himself in England. "I'm really hard working but the manager is the best person to ask about me, because he is the one who signed me. I'm a good team player and technically very good. "My main reason for wanting to come here is because I'm a creative player and I like assisting for other players, and to score goals. "I will try as hard as I can and help this club with its ambitions to get into the Premier League at some point."

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
David Lopez?
_389456_frank_skinner300.jpg

He also looks like the TWIN of a famous british comedian (not frank skinner). Problem is, he's not famous enough that I can remember his name...

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
[yt]jQvUBf5l7Vw[/yt]

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Thought it was interesting that Dobbie and Orlandi both cited their Swansea connections with Painter and Harley as part of their decision making process - assume that both must've been asked about life in Brighton, and obviously gave good reviews!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here