[Misc] Measles is back….

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Probably brought in by our cultural inhancers
Incorrect. MMR is available without anything from a pig in it these days.

Brought in by the proven liar Andrew Wakefield, far right conspiracy goons like Barton and Le Tissier and free thinking hippies. All as bad as each other.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
What on earth are you talking about.
It’s simple - I will repeat what I said in a slightly different way:

There was a move by a significant proportion of young parents against vaccinating their kids against Measles, Mumps and Rubella with the MMR vaccine that‘s supposedly led to a resurgence of the disease.
Anti-vaxxers.

Having the disease is thought to do long term damage to children’s immune system - it can also be fatal in adults and those with underlying health problems - as per the link I posted.

Next time, instead of being so rude and making a meaningless gibe, do a bit of research and provide some constructive input - like er, why you are an anti-vaxxer for example as others have done.
I don’t write in code, it was pretty obvious what I was talking about regarding the effects of measles and the resurgence due to a fall in vaccination uptake - You could start by actually reading the link GB posted.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Also worth noting that for all many (including myself) have praised Private Eye over the Post Office scandal, they were also an early publicist for the crackpot vaccine theories and, so far as I am aware, are yet to apologise

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
That we should trust experts in medicine and science.

Not fame seeking shit stirrers (Wakefield) and thick as shit loons on Facebook and similar.
Yes that was my point exactly.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I believe that Rickets and even Scurvy are making a comeback too. Recently there was an article published that shows that for the first time in the last couple of hundred years, UK Life Expectancy has fallen over the last decade...of course Rishi will say its down to Covid 19, The Ukraine War or Jeremy Corbyn.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I believe that Rickets and even Scurvy are making a comeback too. Recently there was an article published that shows that for the first time in the last couple of hundred years, UK Life Expectancy has fallen over the last decade...of course Rishi will say its down to Covid 19, The Ukraine War or Jeremy Corbyn.

The obesity and shit nutrition crisis would be the main factor, that started long before the 2010 GE. Jamie Oliver met Blair over it and was/is hated by our vast army of fat chain smoking slobbish parents. We inexorably head in the same direction as the US.

Last edited:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
The obesity and shit nutrition crisis would be the main factor, that started long before the 2010 GE. Jamie Oliver met Blair over it and was/is hated for by our vast army of fat chain smoking slobbish parents. We inexorably head in the same direction as the US.

Oh no! That would be horrible.

Have a good one.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Given nobody else has given you a serious answer and you clearly don't have children, I'll give you a quick summary :

- Some crackpot doctor suggested MMR was dangerous
- Some idiot parents decided not to vsx their kids based on this
- Other sensible parents PAID for the single jabs
- Idiot parents have ensured measules has spread
Excellent summary.

A friend of ours had to cut off a lifelong friend who became a rabid anti-vaxxer (and later a Covid denier).

I made some comment earlier about the vaccinated being safe. I was rightly pulled up for that. Safer, but not safe. All depends on how high you can get your antibody titre, and how inundating your exposure to the virus. It's a probability thing.

Having a pool of unvaccinated kids thanks to their fuckwit parents is like having a place in town where someone puts out food for rats. Except that some of the rats are killer rats.

My view is that laws need to be changed to deal with this. Perhaps we need ID cards that prevent access to schools, swimming pool, public transport etc. to people unvaccinated. To me exercising the freedom to prevent your kid being vaccinated is on a par with exercising one's freedom to carry a knife.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Vaccines train your immune system to create antibodies, just as it does when it’s exposed to a disease.

I had measles when I was approx 5 or 6. I was fortunate in that I had it mildly, but I remember having to stay in bed, with the curtains pulled to prevent bright light from getting to my eyes, and the doctor coming to the house to examine me.
I was pleased the vaccine was available when my children were born, so they avoided having it, as there are awful complications, which are rare, but devastating.
It's not just to prevent children getting it, but from mothers also catching from their children in their first trimester.

I've had the shingles jab, but it didn't stop me getting shingles four years ago. I was unlucky, but it does prevent it in the majority of cases. I wonder if it was because I caught chicken pox from my children when I was in my 30s, and extremely ill from it, for over two weeks?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here