Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Ah, that’ll be the fine work of the anti-vaxxers and MMR-vaccine phobic parents then, who think they know better than the NHS when it comes to protecting their child’s health (given the locations of clusters, likely a similar demographic that refused Covid vaccinations too.)

If only they knew

Vin

Jun 12, 2021

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
….well done unscientific, “free thinking”, brainwashed halfwits.

What shall we bring back next? Smallpox?

Crucifixion would be nice.

(This stuff, by the way, is largely Darwin Award shit, albeit its the kids of the morons who die, rather than the morons themselves - who should be crucified, meaning we see the back of them plus they will probably imagine they will rise again - so win-win.).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What on earth are you talking about.
It makes sense to me.

But as we saw earlier today, you have access to special web sites.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
its spreading around the West Midlands and WW are coming to Sx Monday
If you have been vaccinated you will be fine.

Anyway.....even though football supporters get bad press, my guess is that the largest cohort of west midlands vaccine 'skeptics' won't be football fans.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
What on earth are you talking about.
Given nobody else has given you a serious answer and you clearly don't have children, I'll give you a quick summary :

- Some crackpot doctor suggested MMR was dangerous
- Some idiot parents decided not to vsx their kids based on this
- Other sensible parents PAID for the single jabs
- Idiot parents have ensured measules has spread

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The MMR vaccine isn't foolproof - one of my grandsons got measles despite being vaccinated - his brother was fine.
No, you are right. This is a case where herd immunity (via the vaccine, over time) would lead to the same outcome as with smallpox (gone), and it is the small holes in the roof that keep allowing the water in, so even the vaccinated may get ill (albeit less ill than they would have been) and the pox lives on. Which is reason to be even more angry that one might be.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Given nobody else has given you a serious answer and you clearly don't have children, I'll give you a quick summary :

The doctor wasn’t crackpot, it was fraud. He knew the vaccine was safe but made money from fraudulent research saying it wasn’t.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton

Well I'd disagree with calling those who paid for single jabs sensible. They still fell for all the bollocks but had enough spare cash to hedge their bets. Profiting from their response was part of the fraud.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
And you've made it about Brexit by post 5, good work
I'd hate to disappoint, but I was actually pointing out the stupidity of ignoring experts and what happens as a result generally :thumbsup:

I'm thinking of changing my strap line to 'Highlighter of Stupidity' in remembrance of our old friend 'Bringer of Truth' what do you think ?

Last edited:

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
No, you are right. This is a case where herd immunity (via the vaccine, over time) would lead to the same outcome as with smallpox (gone), and it is the small holes in the roof that keep allowing the water in, so even the vaccinated may get ill (albeit less ill than they would have been) and the pox lives on. Which is reason to be even more angry that one might be.
Yes you are right that vaccine take up is the big factor in herd immunity rather than a vaccine being 100% effective.
The bit that gets me angry is that there are a number of children who genuinely can't have the measles vaccine, and the reasons for this usually means those children are spectacularly more likely to die from measles than the numpty spawn keeping the disease alive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here