Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Meanwhile... JFC impressing at MK Dons

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
He's 21 years of age and has never really had a long run of games in the first team. Even the most highly rated youngsters (see Tex and Lingard) need time to adjust to the pace and physicality of this division. Whilst you are correct that at the moment he isn't good enough to make the team, in the long term he could develop into a very decent player.

I just have the feeling that the manager ha assessed him and that this loan is a shop window loan. Contrast that with Solly March. Who wasn't really playing that well but the manager persisted with him and has kept him in and around the squad and given him every opportunity to improve at the club.

If he was 18 or 19 and sent out on loan I would agree but at 21 he should be looking to be kept within the ranks of the first team if he really does have a long term future at the club. I could be wrong and you could be right. Time will tell and CH will be monitoring him but I am seeing similarities with him and Jacob Butterfield under CH. Great potential but never quite fulfilling it and eventually moved on

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Good for the young man to be doing well. Maybe a loan extension until January would be a good move for all three parties?

In the meantime, how's young Walton's fitness? Is he back up to full fitness yet? - if so, surely we need to loan him out to get some game time pdq. Possibly not at Bury though - if their forum's anything to go by, they won't want him back.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
He's 21 years of age and has never really had a long run of games in the first team. Even the most highly rated youngsters (see Tex and Lingard) need time to adjust to the pace and physicality of this division. Whilst you are correct that at the moment he isn't good enough to make the team, in the long term he could develop into a very decent player.

He did have a long run in the team last season and was very poor IMO - I don't see him having a future with us and would be happy to move on if the price is right

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Seems like a good forum with many of the same sort of characters we have on here. I quote you thus:

No No No.
His name is far too difficult to pronounce when I've had a drink. :mrgreen:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
He did have a long run in the team last season and was very poor IMO - I don't see him having a future with us and would be happy to move on if the price is right

Should have clarified, a long run in a team without being played out of position by a manager out of his depth.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
When he started I thought he was pretty reasonable
When Sami played him he was awful (with the same caveats as have already been mentioned - ie being played out of position in a floundering team)
But the England set up seems to like him so (presumably) there's something there
It does him more good to be playing week in week out, keeps him match fit, gives him a chance to see life at other clubs and gets him off our wage bill for a while. Plus, perhaps, he can give CH some inside knowledge for when we play MK Dons !
I'd be quite happy for him to stay there till at least January as long as we had a recall clause in case we need him

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Hes a very good player, have always said it.

Just playing in a piss poor side and out of position last season, even then he wasnt nearly as bad as people made out.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Good for the young man to be doing well. Maybe a loan extension until January would be a good move for all three parties?

In the meantime, how's young Walton's fitness? Is he back up to full fitness yet? - if so, surely we need to loan him out to get some game time pdq. Possibly not at Bury though - if their forum's anything to go by, they won't want him back.

Walton is now fit, but Hughton said his next loan move would need to be carefully managed. Read into that, what you will.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Walton is now fit, but Hughton said his next loan move would need to be carefully managed. Read into that, what you will.

To me that means he will go out on loan to a club where CH himself knows the manager reasonably well and who won't send him back after a couple of dodgy games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here