Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Meal Deal Pricing Query

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
i noticed this and when my brother got to the front of the queue he asked for two pints and two pies and told them he was only gonna pay £15. they then rang it up on the till as £16 which my brother refused to pay - then followed a long delay, involving supervisors, cancelling the input on the till, reinputting onto the till and meanwhile the queue behind got longer and longer - really its quite incredible - a half numerate child could have spotted that anomaly. and now, if they have any sense (which frankly i am beginning to doubt) then all the signs will have to be changed at vast expense (- not to mention the vast retraining programme all the staff will have to undergo....!!).

anyone got barber's email.....?

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Firstly, if you were correct, it would be a Reliant Robin not a Robin Reliant. Otherwise it would be like saying his other car was a Capri Ford. Secondly it wasn't even a Reliant Robin, but a Reliant Regal!

I'll polish my pedant badge on the way out.

Cool_story_bro_tell_it_again.jpg

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
We need our own brand management team, all the fails lately could be solved. More administration but it is clearly needed. The current set up a a bit crap - The s ticket delivery and errors there, the pos at the tills, no hatrick scratchy, the lack of licence for the outdoor music event planned, the empty till points, the pricing structure of the grub, oh and the kit brand balance with Nike and Amex (controversial!) ;)

It's all part of the club's plan to entice non-league football fans to the Amex. To make them feel at home in a shambolic, couldn't organise a pi*s up in brewery sort of way :)

Oh, and the footy as well :wink:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The £16 deal is for two items of hot food and two pints. I think cheeseburgers are £4.50ish so if bought separately....

2 * pints = £8.40
2 * cheeseburgers = £9.00

So the deal does save you money. Not so much for pies though, obviously.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
2 x pie and pint 'deals' £16, less £2.40 cashback, total £13.60, so each 'meal deal' worked out for us at £6.80, last year each meal deal after cashback was £6.30 so 50p increase.

However food was awful, one pie hot, other cold, member of staff serving was completely clueless and a burden on her colleagues and supervisor (have they not learnt from the mistakes of the past seasons, where is the training?), took well over 10 minutes to serve us the above simple order.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Is there anywhere in the ground to buy programmes with e-cash?

It was my first match at the Amex, yesterday (season ticket holder). I found Dicks Bar and the kiosks with incredibly expensive food and drink. I don't drink so won't be spending any here. I thought the Balti Pie was tasty but not worth what I was charged. Couldn't find any of the other restaurants. There is no info on where to go or a map of the stadium facilities online. Public Transport was good. I noticed people had their rucksacks and bags searched. Do the stewards allow you to take food and drink into the stadium?

countryman

Jun 28, 2011

It was my first match at the Amex, yesterday (season ticket holder). I found Dicks Bar and the kiosks with incredibly expensive food and drink. I don't drink so won't be spending any here. I thought the Balti Pie was tasty but not worth what I was charged. Couldn't find any of the other restaurants. There is no info on where to go or a map of the stadium facilities online. Public Transport was good. I noticed people had their rucksacks and bags searched. Do the stewards allow you to take food and drink into the stadium?
I regularly bring a drink with me to the Amex and the stewards have never said anything.

£16 for two pints and two pies is too much. I won't buy any food or drink there all the time the prices are that high.

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country
The £16 deal is for two items of hot food and two pints. I think cheeseburgers are £4.50ish so if bought separately....

2 * pints = £8.40
2 * cheeseburgers = £9.00

So the deal does save you money. Not so much for pies though, obviously.

Indeed it does, but it's priced wrongly as two individual meal deals is only £15 but they are pushing the £16 double deal which has overcharged everyone who had one by a quid!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Indeed it does, but it's priced wrongly as two individual meal deals is only £15 but they are pushing the £16 double deal which has overcharged everyone who had one by a quid!

You missed my point. The £7.50 meal deal is for a pie only. You can't get amore expensive burger in that deal.

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
I personally don't have a problem with the pie and pint pricing, when buying deal. I bought mine for effectively £6.37, via eCash. That's reasonable enough. BUT, the quality of pies has definitely gone downhill IMO. They were superb, after Piglets Pantry initially won the contract. But, the one I had on Saturday, and the last few I ate towards the end of last season were very bland. Not that hot, and the filling less tasty(can only speak of the steak pie) blah blah. Maybe the mass production is to blame for the quality, but club ought to be able to serve them at a decent temperature? Just my tuppence worth...

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I spoke to the catering manager that runs the east upper and lower. In the upper the offer of 7.50 for pie and pint isn't even on the board. I asked him why, he said he "put up the signs the day before the game (Friday) and noticed that the kiosks in the upper are too small to get all the offers on". I asked him why it was left til the last minute, he said "everything is left til the last minute" and " I was still recruiting up til this morning because lots of students aren't back yet" and "the new staff didn't have time to be trained as well and as it's their first day, they are struggling".
To my mind this is amateurish and did ruin the day a bit. I got caught up in the 2 pie and 2 pint for £16 too because the option wasn't on the board I thought the pie and pint offer was gone and the till staff didn't tell me and/or didn't know about pie and pint so I've been overcharged £1. It's too damn expensive anyway, why should a burger deal not be able to be bought individually? You can only get a deal on a burger and pint if you buy 2 of them. If you order a burger and pint it now costs you £8.70! That's £1.70 increase on last year, and to charge the same for those disgusting hot dogs is beyond me. They should charge the same for pies, burgers and hot dogs.
Also pre match in the seven stars the scene behind the bar was a joke. In fact I did find it funny. The staff could not pour a pint to save their lives. "The lager keeps frothing up" she said, "that's why it's taking so long". I pointed out they need to hold the glass almost horizontal at first rather that pouring straight, my advice was not taken and when I returned to the bar, they were pouring into jugs and then pouring into glasses with the jugs and of course everyone ended up with flat beer.
It's a joke and a shambles, absolutley awful.

Last edited:

Ruffy

Jun 24, 2014

I've had this before. They don't allow in cans or glass bottles. I had a red bull once I had to tip in a plastic cup, then went and sat down and was told I shouldn't have it in a plastic cup either....

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Have to say it staggers me that people get so upset about this week in, week out. The price of the food, the quality, the queue ... and I'm as bad as you. Which is why this year we've dared to change our pre-match ritual and go to Partners in Arundel and have a good lunch for about £5-6 each.

So on arrival all I have to worry about is queuing for a pint ...

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I spoke to the catering manager that runs the east upper and lower. In the upper the offer of 7.50 for pie and pint isn't even on the board. I asked him why, he said he "put up the signs the day before the game (Friday) and noticed that the kiosks in the upper are too small to get all the offers on". I asked him why it was left til the last minute, he said "everything is left til the last minute" and " I was still recruiting up til this morning because lots of students aren't back yet" and "the new staff didn't have time to be trained as well and as it's their first day, they are struggling".
To my mind this is amateurish and did ruin the day a bit. I got caught up in the 2 pie and 2 pint for £16 too because the option wasn't on the board I thought the pie and pint offer was gone and the till staff didn't tell me and/or didn't know about pie and pint so I've been overcharged £1. It's too damn expensive anyway, why should a burger deal not be able to be bought individually? You can only get a deal on a burger and pint if you buy 2 of them. If you order a burger and pint it now costs you £8.70! That's £1.70 increase on last year, and to charge the same for those disgusting hot dogs is beyond me. They should charge the same for pies, burgers and hot dogs.
Also pre match in the seven stars the scene behind the bar was a joke. In fact I did find it funny. The staff could not pour a pint to save their lives. "The lager keeps frothing up" she said, "that's why it's taking so long". I pointed out they need to hold the glass almost horizontal at first rather that pouring straight, my advice was not taken and when I returned to the bar, they were pouring into jugs and then pouring into glasses with the jugs and of course everyone ended up with flat beer.
It's a joke and a shambles, absolutley awful.
Bring in a local company who will get local staff who are trained it all about the quality of staff and leadership !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here