Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

mcshane

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
looks like he's enjoying being here:

http://www.soccercentral.ie/viewstory.asp?id=15309&mainheading=Eircom&viewstory=yes

Republic of Ireland under 21 International and Manchester United central defender Paul McShane had a choice of three clubs seeking his services on loan from the Old Trafford club and the Kilpeadar youth is happy with his decision.

19-year-old Wicklow native McShane chose a move to Brighton and Hove Albion over Falkirk in the Scottish Premiership or Swindon Town and has already started both of the Seagulls' games in the Championship picking up Man of the Match in Saturday's opening Draw away against Derby County.

Alas, last night he was on the losing side in a 2-0 reverse at home to Kevin Doyle’s Reading but a glowing reference from Brighton fans hailed him as Man of the Match "Once again the 19 year old had a stormer. Easily the best Albion player on the pitch" was their opinion.

McShane told soccercentral of his decision to take up the offer from Brighton, "It wasn't really that hard making the choice, I felt the opportunity of first team football at Brighton and the attraction of playing in the Championship was the best option for me."

"It is a lot better than playing reserve team football, the standard is higher and you get to play in front of 26,000 fans instead of sometimes 300, so, it’s a challenge."

"The game on Saturday was much more competitive than any reserve game I've played, I felt I did alright."

Paul was joined at Brighton by fellow Under 21 international and goalkeeper Wayne Henderson and they are both sharing the same apartment in the south coast town.

He added, "I want to get as many games under my belt as possible at as high a level as possible." McShane is due to return to Manchester on January 1st but he is keeping his options open. "The loan is up on New Years Eve but it's impossible to say at this early stage how it will be, whether I stay until the end of the season here at Brighton or return to Manchester, it depends on the situation"

McShane was omitted by Ireland Under 21 boss Don Givens for the upcoming friendly international with Northern Ireland and he was a little disappointed, "I didn't know the squad had been named and it's a little bit disappointing but that's football but I'll concentrate on my game."

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
He was the best player we had last night. A shrewd move by McGhee.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
KinkyGoebels said:
When Hinsh gets back would 3 at the back work with him BUtters and Mcshane?

Dodd can play at LB (he did for Plymouth on loan)

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
he is class

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
By the time Hinch gets back MsShane will be headed back up North unless a whole season oan can be negotiated. Be great is it could as he is a class player with a definate Premiership future.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Hopefully ManUre will forget what McShane looks like by Christmas, and we can send them Kerry instead............i'm sure he wouldn't mind going to Old Trafford.:lolol:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Beeercan said:
I want him , he's the new ginger prince, with mayo being lifted to ginger king (Age)

I'm sure that Coppell will have noted McShane's performance as well. Hopefully not a replacement for Sidwell.

:(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here