Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McNulty not even on the bench

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
That's all really, been overlooked in the various other talking points of today.

Obviously we can't say that it's the end for him in terms of his Albion career, but Poyet clearly has his favourites and has made his mind up on certain people, Jimmy maybe being one.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
It is a real shame that a player of ability like mcNulty is not delivering, maybe the injury was too much? Dicker is another though who is failing to deliver at teh standard he clearly could deliver to.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Defensively, McNulty has looked a liability for a couple of games, but going forward he is absolute quality. Put him left midfield and watch him fly.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
With the injury he had, then its all in the mind. He is not the same player at the mo, doesn't want to mix it. Understandable.

A bit Like Peter Cech at Chelsea........not the same Keeper after his head injury.

Jimmy Mac needs the summer to get his head around his injury and a pre season where he can mix it. He'll come back, but this season was always gonna be tough for him.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
For me Painter doesn't offer much - an OK left back, the side is unbalanced - Bennett and calderon get forward, dicker and painter stay back. I can only assume we were in negotiations for a left midfielder or gus is blind ?

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Defensively, McNulty has looked a liability for a couple of games, but going forward he is absolute quality. Put him left midfield and watch him fly.

McNulty's performance on Boxing Day as a left midfielder was one of the worst I've ever seen from a professional footballer. He made Paul Brooker (remember him?!?) look like a hard man. Weak in the tackle, no passion, no desire and apparantly no ability. I admit that because of where I live and my pretty tight finances I havn't seen many ablion games this season but McNulty has never done anything to impress me to be honest. Have read alot on this forum about him being good going forward but weak in the tackle. Surely being a defender his main priority is being just that, a DEFENDER!! And anything more than that (e.g. going forward) is a bonus. However the pussy ass antic's Ive seen from him this season and from what I've picked up on here lead me agree with Mr Poyet and left him out of the team until he gets his act together and man the **** up.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
McNulty's performance on Boxing Day as a left midfielder was one of the worst I've ever seen from a professional footballer. He made Paul Brooker (remember him?!?) look like a hard man. Weak in the tackle, no passion, no desire and apparantly no ability. I admit that because of where I live and my pretty tight finances I havn't seen many ablion games this season but McNulty has never done anything to impress me to be honest. Have read alot on this forum about him being good going forward but weak in the tackle. Surely being a defender his main priority is being just that, a DEFENDER!! And anything more than that (e.g. going forward) is a bonus. However the pussy ass antic's Ive seen from him this season and from what I've picked up on here lead me agree with Mr Poyet and left him out of the team until he gets his act together and man the **** up.

So you reckon Clichy is a shit full-back? have you heard about the dutch team of 74? they had defenders who liked to play football more than defend. Mcnulty has played a few bad games but who hasn't? in my eyes Jimmy is a novelty for any league 1 team, tackling is something i'm sure you can work on unlike ability where you either have it or you dont and i can assure you McNulty for sure has ability. Its frustrating not seeing him play.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I think Painter is looking really solid at the moment and we need to be more solid as a team so it makes sense. McNulty will get another chance at some point.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I hope I'm wrong but I think the injuries may catch up with him. We should not forget that he has suffered a massive injury in terms of the level of trauma.

Needs a really good pre-season to get his confidence back. He is much better than Painter, but I think our best left backt his season has been El Abd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here