Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGovern, worst performance ever at the Amex

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Think he's the only player I have ever shouted "You're supposed to be a professional footballer" at in utter shock at how poor he was with his feet.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
The only one close (for a goalkeeper) that I can think of is David Gonzalez for Barnsley.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Goalkeepers' mistakes get highlighted and seized upon. I've seen outfield players look hopeless for 90 minutes - Harding got mentioned, there was also an Arsenal full back who got the run-around from Buckley and the unfortunate Birmingham back who got ripped apart by March. There was also a Sheff Weds striker who liked he'd wandered over from a park game ... but as we managed to lose that, the less said the better

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Goalkeepers' mistakes get highlighted and seized upon. I've seen outfield players look hopeless for 90 minutes - Harding got mentioned, there was also an Arsenal full back who got the run-around from Buckley and the unfortunate Birmingham back who got ripped apart by March. There was also a Sheff Weds striker who liked he'd wandered over from a park game ... but as we managed to lose that, the less said the better

Believe it was Andre Santos that had the shocker for Arsenal at the Amex. Awful player.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
I don't know. Mine was a genuine question - but I think Ruddy might have a chance of regaining his place now, maybe?

Ruddy was their number one for past few seasons. McGovern signed for them over summer after he performed well at the Euro's with Northern Ireland and has been their main goalkeeper since, def think Ruddy will get another chance after todays performance.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I credit Murray for spooking him in the sixth minute. He never recovered after that.

Iovan The Sweeper

May 16, 2016
I credit Murray for spooking him in the sixth minute. He never recovered after that.

And the defence didn't seem to have much confidence in him after that either.

32 years old, 6 clubs, and not a penny paid for him by any of those - does seem a strange buy for a promotion chasing team.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Greg halford had a mare mostly against Buckley ( I think for Charlton). Got a yellow, should have had a 2nd, got subbed

Not quite the Harding level. McGovern gets 2ND worst for me

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Unashamedly nicked from Facebook

Don't forget to put your clocks back tonight
The time right now is five past McGovern.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The Arsenal left back was also substituted at h/t, can't remember his name but he was as bad as Harding and McGovern.

EDIT: Sorry, just seen beaten to it - Santos.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Yep, it's up there with the worst we've seen. Alex Baptiste in the 6-1 against Blackpool is the other total embarrassment of a performance I can think of.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here