Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGoldrick to Ipswich ?

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
McGoldrick would be cracking IMO. If we can afford £1.6m for Ulloa Ulloa, then surely we can have a pop at getting him in. Been knocking them in for Cov.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Other than knocking in a few goals this season in league one, what on earth makes you think he's good enough?!

Because he is strong and good in the air and think Forest would sell at a decent price. Seen him play a few times this season and he has looked very sharp

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
CMS banged them in couple of years ago.....

Loads of players make the step up. You cant just make an example and set that as a template. CMS by the way is on target for 18-20 goals this season. Is that so bad?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Surely we are aiming higher than Lge 1 standard signings if we are serious about improving the current squad? Although Lge 1 sized fees are probably the sort of budget we would prefer to pay. Anyone half decent with Prem experience has silly price tags. I guess that why Gus is obliged to look at better value from abroad.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
McGoldrick has been quite vocal in refusing to move from his home in the east midlands. Presumably he can do that travelling to Ipswich

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
About Ulloa's height, 6'2"!

We aren't no longer skint relegation fodder who has to take gambles on average league one players on the basis that they're having one good season.

We are going for proven quality players at this level or higher

He is a Championship player though

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
About Ulloa's height, 6'2"!

We aren't no longer skint relegation fodder who has to take gambles on average league one players on the basis that they're having one good season.

We are going for quality players proven at this level or higher

think you forgot to add......'and getting a bit big for our boots' ,

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
He is a Championship player though

Is he? 8 goals in 60 games for Forest, 12 in 65 odd games for Southampton.

Forest didn't want him. Ipswich are desperate, Chopra is in serious trouble, and DJ Campbell has just left. The fact they just paid for Frank Nouble proves that.

I'd rather we kept our money than splash it on Mcgoldrick.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Is he? 8 goals in 60 games for Forest, 12 in 65 odd games for Southampton.

Forest didn't want him. Ipswich are desperate, Chopra is in serious trouble, and DJ Campbell has just left. The fact they just paid for Frank Nouble proves that.

I'd rather we kept our money than splash it on Mcgoldrick.

Well. The stats do not always paint a picture. We shall see how many he knocks in for Ipswich

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Ipswich have signed three strikers already, all from other Championship clubs. However, it is easy to sign other Championship strikers if they are not first choice. If we signed a back up striker from another Championship club there would be loads of complaints about how can we expect to go up by signing other club's reserves. We are aiming for players who can get us up and then hopefully play in the Premier League for us when that happens. I don't think any of McGoldrick, McLean and Nouble are that good.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Well. The stats do not always paint a picture. We shall see how many he knocks in for Ipswich

Absolutely.

But likelihood is he won't, he hasn't at this level before and has had plenty of oppurtunities. McGoldrick is no better than what we've got, we have 3 players that pissed league one up front already.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Why do people assume we are "missing out" on players ? We are hardly missing out on them if we dont make an approach for them anyway - think we have higher options than Ipswich who face a battle to stay in this league !! :facepalm:

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Why can we not go for Billy Sharp? Unless we do go for Jason Roberts then Sharp would be my No1 target.We already have Hammond on loan from Southampton so I can't see there being any major obstacles unless the player himself just couldn't settle on the south coast.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
think I heard this, if true, why are we dragging our heels.....as usual....

Money' we ain't got none and i have that from an official source.

How much do you think these players cost? Well then halve it and we are still short.

British players are over priced.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here