Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee you twat

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
So McGhee was quite happy to finish bottom of the division, once it was impossible for us to stay up?

These comments on the BBC website, are nothing short of ridiculous:

Brighton boss Mark McGhee:
"It was a painful defeat and hard to bear, but it was also an irrelevance. Our season ended with the defeat against Sheffield Wednesday.
"I believe our players gave everything during the course of the season, and this was one game too much for us.

"We gave everything to stay up. In the last two games we had to play it out."

:angry:

Monsieur Leclerc

Café Rene. In disguise!
Apr 24, 2006
I think we are under estimating how hard it hit the players, to be relegated. Particularly the youngsters in their first full season or regular football. Difficult to lift yourself after that.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Irrelevance to those kids who may have been at their first ever Albion game because seats were available ?

What a totally RETARDED thing to say.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Typical MM. Hasn't got the ability to lift players for any situation, let alone a lost cause. The sooner he goes the better.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
TonyW said:
Typical MM. Hasn't got the ability to lift players for any situation, let alone a lost cause. The sooner he goes the better.

Bollocks!!!!! Jesus wouldnt have been able to motivate the players for the Stoke match so I fail to see how McGhee on this occasion can be blamed for it. After being relegated and having their future's f***ed around with with the stadium issue in the last couple of weeks Im suprised they even bothered turning up at the ground.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
There were THREE empty rows of seats behind me on Sunday in E block, normally full of season ticket holders.

If the fans can't motivate themselves to get to Withdean ( having already paid for a ticket ), how on earth is the manger supposed to motivate the players ?

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
chez said:
Bollocks!!!!! Jesus wouldnt have been able to motivate the players for the Stoke match so I fail to see how McGhee on this occasion can be blamed for it. After being relegated and having their future's f***ed around with with the stadium issue in the last couple of weeks Im suprised they even bothered turning up at the ground.

So why were stoke motivated then .. they were just down to fulfill a fixture what did they have to play for

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
ditchy said:
So why were stoke motivated then .. they were just down to fulfill a fixture what did they have to play for

To be fair they hardly broke a sweat, we were just that shit and were destroyed by an ordinary team.

LDH

Sep 22, 2004
34064 Fighter Command said:
There were THREE empty rows of seats behind me on Sunday in E block, normally full of season ticket holders.

If the fans can't motivate themselves to get to Withdean ( having already paid for a ticket ), how on earth is the manger supposed to motivate the players ?

You should be asking WHY season ticket holders dont want to go and watch the games even after paying for their tickets..

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
blockhseagull said:
To be fair they weren't that up for it were they.... we f***ing gifted them their goals

To be honest i wasnt there as was away on a golf tour but saw result and was shocked .. immediately thought that MM had played all the kids until i saw the team on monday paper. then read report of 18yr old stoke kid who seemed up for it !

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
LDH said:
You should be asking WHY season ticket holders dont want to go and watch the games even after paying for their tickets.. [/QUOTEI

Because Brighton fans are ' fickle ' ? ( Bellotti's words, not mine ).

The game was a waste of time, for fans & players alike. The three rows of empty seats proved that some people would rather spend a day on the beach than a day at Withdean.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
wasn't a f* :angry: ing irrelavance to my bank account. If they players couldnt be bothered , then why should we

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
chez said:
True, they had nothing to play for but they havent just been demoralised by relegation and the news about the stadium as our players have.

What a load of TOSH.

The 2 Grand a week that some of them are on ought to be enough to be professional about what they are PAID to do.

The way some people on here go on about the players you would think they did it for free.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am shocked that this match was " an irrelavance ". To not finish bottom of the league and be regarded the worst team in the championship 2005/2006 should have been incentive enough.

We got what we deserved the award of SHITTIEST TEAM IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP.

Well done Mark and the players you made me very proud Sunday :clap:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Uncle Spielberg said:
I am shocked that this match was " an irrelavance ". To not finish bottom of the league and be regarded the worst team in the championship 2005/2006 should have been incentive enough.

We got what we deserved the award of SHITTIEST TEAM IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP.

Well done Mark and the players you made me very proud Sunday :clap:

Exactly, although already relegated, the motivation to win the last two matches was not to finish bottom!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here