Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mcghee out banner

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
brightonfan_86 said:
I'm behind the team, but I'm not with Magoo. He doesn't seem up to the job of keeping us up. And he needs to go NOW!!!
If you are so anti - McGhee ,why does your signature on NSP say"Mark McGhee's Blue and White Army"?

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Im sure London Irish is in fact the clipboard kid Bob Booker posting on here.1)Full of arse licking for mcghee 2)Thinks 5 wins all season is great 3)And is a total and utter f***ing prick

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
vulture said:
Im sure London Irish is in fact the clipboard kid Bob Booker posting on here.1)Full of arse licking for mcghee 2)Thinks 5 wins all season is great 3)And is a total and utter f***ing prick

I'm sure that counts as personal abuse. Someone just got banned for that.

Simster said:
When you last challenged me to explain what I would do on this thread regarding substitutions, you didn't actually acknowlege it anyway. :)

I didn't know you craved my recognition that much :wave:

I missed the post, this was a pretty fast-moving thread today, but I will now put your mind at rest and go and read it.

And as for saying you think the tactics are wrong but you have no opinion on what might be the right ones, I think that's a cop out really. Lame as some or sometimes most of Bucky's ideas are, he at least gives it a go and puts his head on the block.

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
London Irish said:
I didn't know you craved my recognition that much :wave:

I missed the post, this was a pretty fast-moving thread today, but I will now put your mind at rest and go and read it.

And as for saying you think the tactics are wrong but you have no opinion on what might be the right ones, I think that's a cop out really. Lame as some or sometimes most of Bucky's ideas are, he at least gives it a go and puts his head on the block.

Okay mate. 4-4-2 clearly is not gaining us points. Why not try another system. It sounds like an easy way out but there isn't any other way. I would just like to see another idea at least tried. It may not be the answer but the way we are playing noe isn't either. We are fighting the same corner but with different ideas. Good luck to ,mCghee, i hope he's the answer but i doubt it.

:albion:

Dies Irae said:
Did you go Yesterday?

Who was the new winger we had? Was he Samoan or something like that.

Ah, finally found your post Dave!

Absolutely fantastic game yesterday, my best at the Madjet for a while, and watching the other Irish hammer Wales in the Madjet hotel bar afterwards rounded off the day a treat. We have a new Samoan winger called Sailosi Tagicakibau ("tacky-thacky-bow") who scored on debut at Bath last week and got another yesterday.

But I actually don't think he's has quick as our home-grown Academy produced guys Topsy Ojo and Delon Armitage - but we now have probably the quickest back 3 in the league!

We are on fire at the moment and will no probably reach the Championship play-offs to become top club. Unbelievable for a club that was nearly relegated a year ago.

There is an interesting debate among LI fans about whether all this is down to the change of coach or the fact we upped our player budget 20 per cent this season. You can guess which side of the debate I'm on though ;)

Last edited:

KinkyNormanBaker said:
Didnt some of the best moments come from playing 3 5 2 last year? like that 6 game unbeatedn run.

Why do you keep saying this?

Point 1 - it was 7 games, and crucially,

Point 2 - we did not play 3-5-2 throughout but only in a couple of the games! In one of the games we only came back to beat Gillingham from a goal behind by reverting from a 3-5-2 to a 4-4-2 midway!!!

This fetish about systems is ridiculous. Players win games, not systems and the players performance has not been good enough, god knows McGhee has tried them in enough combinations and given them all a chance! That was one of the prominent criticisms of the McGhee outers up to a few weeks ago (that he'd tinkered too much), now it's apparently the big criticism that he didn't try YET ANOTHER tactical system :lolol: :jester:

Last edited:

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
London Irish said:
Yeah, I guess we could have been winning 4-0 playing a 3-5-2 system.

I'll ask the question again then that you didn't answer earlier. How does playing El Abd as a CB rather than a RB make him defend corners better? That was why Crewe went into the lead on Saturday.
maybe we might have been stronger at the back and wouldn't have conceded the bloody corner
we have got to stop conceding goals ! we aint giving ourselves the chance to win games at the moment cos we are conceding to many!.the only way we are going to have any chance of getting out of this mess is to tighten up at the back cos we've looked at every avenue towards being prolific up front.if we ain't conceding thenwe have the chance of a point at worst.

goal 1 we should have closed down better hammond had been bought on to help mayo and chippy with there defensive duties (your words) so where was he? if the ball had been closed down bell wouldn't have had a chance to put the cross in !

goal 2 again needed to stop the ball being crossed or delivered in to our box which we weren't doing on sat more cover at the back when we were trying to hold on to a lead would maybe of stopped this happening.

what do we spend all week doing in training?stopping things like letting the opposition getting the ball across? set pieces? seem to spend to much time on the other end of the pitch which ain't bloody working so it's about time mcghee looked at other ways of getting points and stopping the rot

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
McGhee Out!! He wasted the money on Kazim Richards and Turenzo, if he had got an experienced Midfielder and Forward with that money then we would have been mid-table by now. He gambled the money and now we can't afford to sack him. His must do the decent thing and resign.

saltash seagull said:
maybe we might have been stronger at the back and wouldn't have conceded the bloody corner

Ah, I see, under 3-5-2, we're not going to concede corners! What an amazing transformation moving players a few yards on the pitch brings! :lolol:

Sorry, no one with an ounce of common sense is buying this.

The first goal was not Hammond's fault, it was a fluke. With perhaps a bit of misfortune of Lynch slipping thrown in. But the truth is fluke goals like that are undefendable. The second goal was a bad defensive error by a good young player, which happens alas because McGhee has to rely too much on young players who are not perhaps quite 100% ready for this level of football.

Last edited:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
London Irish said:
Sorry, no one with an ounce of common sense is buying this.

Probably because he didn't say anything like that. But you're more than aware of that anyway, aren't you? I know you need something to base your arguments on, however desperate.

London Irish said:
Players win games, not systems

Both do.

Last edited:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
John Byrnes Mullet said:
McGhee Out!! He wasted the money on Kazim Richards and Turenzo, if he had got an experienced Midfielder and Forward with that money then we would have been mid-table by now. He gambled the money and now we can't afford to sack him. His must do the decent thing and resign.

I am sorry but what part of experienced strikers cost more money than that do you not understand. We got Turienzo because experienced strikers did not want to sign for us due to our lack of resources. I also did not realise that CKR was officially a waste of money, I think he has a lot of potential and will turn out to be a great investment. We bid for Parkin but could not match Ipswich/Norwich's bids and we have since been trying to sign other strikers such as Barnard, Rasiak, Shipperley, Dublin and Dichio.

It must be difficult for people to understand but this is down to our current situation and available money, not Mark McGhee.

Mark McGhee IN :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here