Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mcghee out banner

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
Richie Morris said:
I would suggest it is PATHETIC.

But nothing to do with Magoo or the tactics employed.

:jester:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Richie Morris said:
...and it can hardly lead to us doing any worse then we already are playing 442.

I've done it.
I've found a post where Richie hasn't typed a word in CAPITALS. :lolol: :lolol:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Yorkie said:
I've done it.
I've found a post where Richie hasn't typed a word in CAPITALS. :lolol: :lolol:
WELL DONE...........:clap: :clap:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
London Irish said:
OK, if you don't think they've been among the best features of our season, now I understand why you would sacrifice them. I don't think many would agree with you though.

They've been individual successes, certainly, but as part of team, less so. Carole probably being the best example of this - plays delightfully for himself, but his crossing has been erratic at best. I don't quite buy the hype surrounding Carole generated by endless step-overs.

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
Dont be such a mug. The players need full support from the fans, not criticism of their manager, also McGhee needs our support, he wont be sacked, so we may as well get behind him (I know weird thing to say coming from an ARS member)

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
So as were are in th relegation zone, we must demonstrate against the manager? In the two seasons he has been in charge, we've won at the Millenium Stadium, how many other league clubs have done that. We've styaed up against all odds, and we're not even down yet this year. I for one would like to take Mark McGhee out for a drink and thank him for all he has acheived for this club over the past 2 1/2 years. Poor bloke is on a hiding to nothing here, whatever he does, he will be slated by some sections. So I shall say thank you Mark Mcghee, if you leave, and we get Souness, then we will realise how lucky we were

Simster said:
Steve, you have spent two pages on this thread trying to get everyone to admit that a change formation wouldn't have prevented a fluke goal and a defender giving away a free header. And you're right. Well done.

Actually I didn't apply it to the first Crewe goal, but you're dead right, it applies to that too :)

Simster said:
We needed a formation that the players are comfortable with, and fairly consistent team selection. Sadly it's all too late now.

No it isn't - we're 5 points behind with 10 games left and we have a favourable fixture run-in, including against the team 5 pts away.

Rather than giving up, please explain what formation the players are most comfortable with and what consistent team selection would give us a chance. Cheers.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
London Irish said:
Actually I didn't apply it to the first Crewe goal, but you're dead right, it applies to that too :)
Originally posted by London Irish (page 12)
However, McGhee can't stop a fluke goal and one of his defenders giving an attacker a free header at a corner though, that's the bottom line.
:rolleyes: And as I say, all the manager can do is play a formation that limits the pressure on our defence, not account for specific situations. Obvious really. :)

London Irish said:
No it isn't - we're 5 points behind with 10 games left and we have a favourable fixture run-in, including against the team 5 pts away.
So with goal difference (which is rather like points difference in rugby, btw) we are effectively 6 points behind with 10 games to go. Coincidentally, the same points tally as our last 10 games have yielded. So given those figures, you will apparently forgive me for "giving up". :)

But no! :) Apparently not:
London Irish said:
Rather than giving up, please explain what formation the players are most comfortable with and what consistent team selection would give us a chance. Cheers.
To be honest, I don't know because I haven't been to many games. I'll let the results do the talking. But how about you tell us what you think. Then given the fact you seem to know McGhee's every thought and defend it vigourously, that is one formation I think we should be able to discount on the grounds that nothing else that has been tried before has worked either. :)

Sorry that the goal difference means so much to you? You wouldn't give up on the team if were only 5 rather than "6" points behind then? :)

Rather predictably, when challenged to present a positive case for what McGhee can do in this situation, you decline the opportunity.

Is it any wonder I stay loyal to McGhee if this is the best his critics can do? What an utter waste of time this entire thread has been.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
London Irish said:
Sorry that the goal difference means so much to you? You wouldn't give up on the team if were only 5 rather than 6 points behind then?
Eh?

London Irish said:
Rather predictably, when challenged to present a positive case for what McGhee can do in this situation, you decline the opportunity.
With good reason. :) I haven't been to enough games. :) I also haven't been in the position to bring in players, kick out players, I don't know our transfer kitty etc. :) But I do know that defeat at Crewe was a predictably PONY result and yet again we've been turned over - from a promising position after Crewe gifted us a goal. :)

When you last challenged me to explain what I would do on this thread regarding substitutions, you didn't actually acknowlege it anyway. :)

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Didn't 1066 just get a weeks ban for this sort of conversation ?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Don't agree with the banner in any way. That's just WRONG. But it's equally wrong to let the club think we're dead chuffed with rolling over and being relegated in February due to their lack of investment in a credible striker. Tho having said that, I guess the lack of season ticket renewals might stress the point. Like Harty says, it's a relegation that could and should have been avoided. Just won't do :nono:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
bhaexpress said:
Didn't 1066 just get a weeks ban for this sort of conversation ?
He got banned for talking about football? Sounds a bit harsh.

I honestly don't know what he got banned for.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I said 5 or 6 weeks ago that we should be playing 5 at the back.

A few draws - even at home to Leicester,Watford, Millwall, and maybe a couple on the road at Cov, Luton, Southampton might have made all the difference.

I'm afraid it's too late now.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
555kaz said:
So as were are in th relegation zone, we must demonstrate against the manager? In the two seasons he has been in charge, we've won at the Millenium Stadium, how many other league clubs have done that. We've styaed up against all odds, and we're not even down yet this year. I for one would like to take Mark McGhee out for a drink and thank him for all he has acheived for this club over the past 2 1/2 years. Poor bloke is on a hiding to nothing here, whatever he does, he will be slated by some sections. So I shall say thank you Mark Mcghee, if you leave, and we get Souness, then we will realise how lucky we were
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here