Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mcghee out banner

Uncle Buck said:
But you do not know that, as the pattern of the game might have been different if a different system had been played.

Yeah, I guess we could have been winning 4-0 playing a 3-5-2 system.

I'll ask the question again then that you didn't answer earlier. How does playing El Abd as a CB rather than a RB make him defend corners better? That was why Crewe went into the lead on Saturday.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Im all for this all out attack and probably against teams like Wolves at home its worked reasonable well.

Against teams down the bottom like Crewe when you are away from home you dont want to lose to your relegation rivals.

Therefore you try and nick a goal and defend like bastards.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
London Irish said:

I'll ask the question again then that you didn't answer earlier. How does playing El Abd as a CB rather than a RB make him defend corners better? That was why Crewe went into the lead on Saturday.

Because Magoo cannot teach how to take set pieces let alone how to mark when defending them.

Uncle Buck said:
No it does not. But it might help us stop shipping soft goals.

But it might not? You know, with the same players on the pitch making the same mistakes, and with still no proven goalscorer/targetman in the team? A possibility Bucky?

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:

I'll ask the question again then that you didn't answer earlier. How does playing El Abd as a CB rather than a RB make him defend corners better?

Where did I say we would be winning 4-0 in a different system, stop making things up Mr Smith.

The way we will defend corners better is by sorting this sort of thing out on the training ground and within any luck removing the school boy areas when we are defending set pieces.

Once again Steve, your 4-4-2 system with wingers is not working, 5 wins in 36 games shows that. We are shipping goals, we have some half decent centre backs, change the system to accomodate them at centre back, hopefully shore things up at the back and look to nick a few wins. The current way is just not working, but for you to admitt that would mean admitting that McGhee got it wrong and you have shown that you are far to stubborn for that.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
But it might not? You know, with the same players on the pitch making the same mistakes, and with still no proven goalscorer/targetman in the team? A possibility Bucky?

But if we are not conceding goals, our pacey strikers might be able to get in front of defenders, if the correct balls are played to them and nick 1-0 wins.

After all playing wingers would work better if we had somebody to get on the end of crosses, but we do not.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Therefore you try and nick a goal and defend like bastards.

Exactly what we did on Saturday - we got the early goal and then sacrificed Frutos for the harder tackling Hammond. Glad you approved of that tactical approach.

However, McGhee can't stop a fluke goal and one of his defenders giving an attacker a free header at a corner though, that's the bottom line.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Uncle Buck said:
admitt that would mean admitting that McGhee got it wrong and you have shown that you are far to stubborn for that.

Even MM has the balls to say he has made mistakes.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
London Irish said:
Exactly what we did on Saturday - we got the early goal and then sacrificed Frutos for the harder tackling Hammond. Glad you approved of that tactical approach.

However, McGhee can't stop a fluke goal and one of his defenders giving an attacker a free header at a corner though, that's the bottom line.

YesI do but we are not relegated on the strength of ONE game. Its the fact that we have won 5 out of 36 and more worryingly those games we drew earlier in the season and should have won are now turning into defeats :nono: :nono: :nono:

Uncle Buck said:
our pacey strikers might be able to get in front of defenders, if the correct balls are played to them and nick 1-0 wins.

Firstly, you've just removed their best chance of getting any service by axing the wingers, and secondly, remind me who these "pacy strikers" are again that will finish off chances under the glorious 3-5-2, we're dying to know. :)

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
YesI do but we are not relegated on the strength of ONE game. Its the fact that we have won 5 out of 36 and more worryingly those games we drew earlier in the season and should have won are now turning into defeats :nono: :nono: :nono:

Well fair enough, I'm still a bit in shock though that you said McGhee got something tactically right on Saturday. :)

Last edited:

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
London Irish said:
Firstly, you've just removed their best chance of getting any service by axing the wingers, and secondly, remind me who these "pacy strikers" are again that will finish of chances under the glorious 3-5-2, we're dying to know. :)

The service seems pretty lacking to me even with the wingers playing.

Face facts, 4-4-2 has produced an excellent return of 5 wins all season.

The fact the Magoo won't alter from this formation suggests that he is a one trick pony.

Why not try something different, we might be suprised.

:)

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
Firstly, you've just removed their best chance of getting any service by axing the wingers, and secondly, remind me who these "pacy strikers" are again that will finish of chances under the glorious 3-5-2, we're dying to know. :)

But your wingers are not creating anything, we keep losing when they play, the goal on Saturday was on the back of a cross from Gatting, before that we had not scored for a while, with your beloved wingers in the side.

Well Robinson has pace to play on the shoulder of the last defender, CKR if fit has a certain amount of pace and even Hart over 10 yards can beat defenders.

Sadly Steve the system we are playing that your master is employing is not working, 5 wins in 36 shows that.

TrevorDove said:
The service seems pretty lacking to me even with the wingers playing.

Face facts, 4-4-2 has produced an excellent return of 5 wins all season.

The fact the Magoo won't alter from this formation suggests that he is a one trick pony.

Why not try something different, we might be suprised.

:)

He has tried plenty different. And will get attacked constantly by the McGhee outers for not sticking with the same strking pairing and tinkering too much with the team. It's called having your cake and eating it :wave:

Uncle Buck said:
But your wingers are not creating anything, we keep losing when they play, the goal on Saturday was on the back of a cross from Gatting, before that we had not scored for a while, with your beloved wingers in the side.

Well Robinson has pace to play on the shoulder of the last defender, CKR if fit has a certain amount of pace and even Hart over 10 yards can beat defenders.

Sadly Steve the system we are playing that your master is employing is not working, 5 wins in 36 shows that.

Sadly the system you are advocating hasn't won any games for us and it's your belief that it suddenly will despite utilising the same players I find to be the ultimate in wishful thinking.

So the "pacy" Robinson, CKR and Hart are going to start banging them in under a 3-5-2 then? :) Does anyone here really believe that besides you? In fact, in your heart of hearts, do you genuinely believe they are going to be transformed into much more regular goal-scorers by the magic of 3 centre-backs? :)

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
London Irish said:
He has tried plenty different. And will get attacked constantly by the McGhee outers for not sticking with the same strking pairing and tinkering too much with the team. It's called having your cake and eating it :wave:

Different what? Formations or players?

Of course he will always be defended by those pro-magooers for what ever he does regardless of the fact that we are staring relegation in the face.

:shootself

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
TrevorDove said:
Different what? Formations or players?

Of course he will always be defended by those pro-magooers for what ever he does regardless of the fact that we are staring relegation in the face.

:shootself

I think I might mention that we were staring relegation in the face back in August. At least a few of us realised how unrealistic some peoples' expectations were.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
Sadly the system you are advocating hasn't won any games for us and it's your belief that it suddenly will despite utilising the same players I find to be the ultimate in wishful thinking.

So the "pacy" Robinson, CKR and Hart are going to start banging them in under a 3-5-2 then? :) Does anyone here really believe that besides you? In fact, in your heart of hearts, do you genuinely believe they are going to be transformed into much more regular goal-scorers by the magic of 3 centre-backs? :)

But Steve he has not played this formation since last season. I seem to remember us winning at places like Sheffield Utd and West Ham playing this way.

Did I say they would start banging goals in, no, but if we are not conceding as many, it might take the pressure off everyone a bit and they might just play with a bit more confidence.

It is interesting that you are unable to look at the merits of anything other than 4-4-2 with wingers, even though this is not working and this is shown by the fact that we have won 5 games in 36 this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here