Mcghee out banner

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Rougvie said:
And still, he preaches to some of us who took to the pitch to get rid of Archer and Bellotti, and rarely missed a game at Gillingham.

Doesnt make us any better, but it is just a little RICH wouldnt you agree ?

Thats a good point. Would LI have come down on Bellotti and Archers side??? Would he have believed all the crap they were spouting???

Makes you think doesnt it? Dont question those in charge. They know what they are doing.

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
If you don't think sacrificing an out-and-out attacking winger Frutos for a defensive, hard-tackling midfielder like Hammond is "not changing the system", then, what can I say? :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

We were still playing a 4-4-2 system with midfielders holding the left and right hand sides.

Anyway Hammond is normally the more offensive of our central midfielders, hence why he looks more comfortable with a designated holding player alongside him.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Uncle Buck said:
We were still playing a 4-4-2 system with midfielders holding the left and right hand sides.

Anyway Hammond is normally the more offensive of our central midfielders, hence why he looks more comfortable with a designated holding player alongside him.

Come on UB put some :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: after your reply.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
I'm Mcghee in rather than Mcghee out but he made mistakes Saturday. Frutos was just coming into the game when he was subbed (I assumed he was injured). If Hammonds task was to play defensively, he didn't. Thier first goal came from that side and if I remember rightly Lynch was exposed. Surely, if that was the plan wouldn't Mayo have been better suited to LM? Secondly, we don't defend as a team, CKR barely runs when we haven't got the ball. Somethings wrong when a player in a 'must win' game won't put in the requisite effort to win the ball back. Surely someone at the club has coached him to do this.

Is there room for Mcghee in but he f***ed up on Saturday in this debate?

Bez

Jul 14, 2003
London Irish said:
Or possibly it's you that's not up to being a supporter of a team that is punching above its weight in this league?

So cos I have my say I'm not up to being a supporter. Having stayed up last season we should of slightly improved in fact we are worse, much worse.

Twat

Dandyman said:
I'm not sure if it is a great tactical approach or not but was replacing Hart, possibly the best player on Saturday, with an injured Carole the best move ? Also why when we were one goal up did we fail to attack with more aggression or verve ? I accept that the players can not shirk their responsibility for our present sorry state but are these not fair questions for supporters to ask ?

Yes, I think the Carole move was a good one, he definitely created more than Harty, who is an honest trier but frankly Crewe had his measure by the second half. Do you acept Dandyman that if Carole had not been give his chance, there would have been a chrous of abuse for McGhee from the McGhee critics for not doing that while we were 1-0 down?

Re. adopting more attacking tactics while we were 1-0 up? Well, we stuck with the two-winger strategy for a long time in the game but it was obvious that was going nowhere because we couldn't get the ball off the Crewe midfield. If we had pushed another player forward, that would have played more quickly into Gradi's hands. The defensive move of sacrificing Frutos for Hammond was the right one, but alas making the right tactical move never guarentees success, that is up to the players on the pitch, and they were outplayed by Crewe.

The questions you ask are perfectly fair, if only all the McGhee critics were like you, we would have a good debate about the games on here rather than the usual abusive rubbish we get.

Lordbez said:
So cos I have my say I'm not up to being a supporter. Having stayed up last season we should of slightly improved in fact we are worse, much worse.

Twat

My guess is, that if bring your moron banner along to the next game, you will get called a twat by more than just a few keyboard nerds.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
afters said:
It's not that his posts didn't make sense, or the fact that he's always attempt to belittle (or ignore) anyone who disagrees with him, but the basic inability to put his hand up to any mistake whatsoever is pure plastic goonery.

Eight defeats in 10. Not McGhees fault. Just not quite getting the rub of the green.
No goalscorer despite selling LK. Not McGhees fault. Knight is a trouble maker.
Dire football. Not McGhees fault. No resources, you see.

Apparently it's all the fault of the fans who can't see the magician that is Mark McGhee, at work. Can't you see McGhee is performing MIRACLES in IMPOSSIBLE conditions. It's sooooooo obvious. :rolleyes:

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Simster said:
It's not that his posts didn't make sense, or the fact that he's always attempt to belittle (or ignore) anyone who disagrees with him, but the basic inability to put his hand up to any mistake whatsoever is pure plastic goonery.

Eight defeats in 10. Not McGhees fault. Just not quite getting the rub of the green.
No goalscorer despite selling LK. Not McGhees fault. Knight is a trouble maker.
Dire football. Not McGhees fault. No resources, you see.

Apparently it's all the fault of the fans who can't see the magician that is Mark McGhee, at work. Can't you see McGhee is performing MIRACLES in IMPOSSIBLE conditions. It's sooooooo obvious. :rolleyes:

i think you miss my point a tad sim. i was commenting on the fact that you thought him a once respected contributor....

Rougvie said:
Doesnt make us any better, but it is just a little RICH wouldnt you agree ?

Given up talking about the Crewe game and its tactics then? :)
Hmmmm... funny that.

So superfan, take it you'll be at Plymouth then? Or is it a little RICH if I ask that question too? :lolol:

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
Yes, I think the Carole move was a good one, he definitely created more than Harty, who is an honest trier but frankly Crewe had his measure by the second half. Do you acept Dandyman that if Carole had not been give his chance, there would have been a chrous of abuse for McGhee from the McGhee critics for not doing that while we were 1-0 down?

Re. adopting more attacking tactics while we were 1-0 up? Well, we stuck with the two-winger strategy for a long time in the game but it was obvious that was going nowhere because we couldn't get the ball off the Crewe midfield. If we had pushed another player forward, that would have played more quickly into Gradi's hands. The defensive move of sacrificing Frutos for Hammond was the right one, but alas making the right tactical move never guarentees success, that is up to the players on the pitch, and they were outplayed by Crewe.

The questions you ask are perfectly fair, if only all the McGhee critics were like you, we would have a good debate about the games on here rather than the usual abusive rubbish we get.

How was the Carole move a good one? We lost the game. I agree Hart does not contribute as much as an attacking outlet as Carole, however he does get back and help cover the full back and having a one nil lead in a 6 pointer that is the sort of thing that is sometimes needed. However we know you will not question the substitution as that would mean questioning the man who made that substitution and you would never do that.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Well, something has to be done to get rid of this idiot in charge of first team affairs!!

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
London Irish said:
So superfan, take it you'll be at Plymouth then? Or is it a little RICH if I ask that question too? :lolol:

I would say loyal, certainly NOT a superfan, I admit to missing games now, but thats got little to do with Ronald McDonald not as good as UB, only my 6th visit there.

Yes I will be, flying down on Air Southwest, making Plymouth a nice weekend away as per usual.

Last edited:

Bez

Jul 14, 2003
So LI do you think we are onto a good thing having Mcghee as our manager?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports