Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mcghee out banner

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
London Irish said:
No Simper I think it's brilliant we lost on Saturday. FFS :rolleyes:

The question is having an intelligent debate about what McGhee could have done differently with that squad of players. I think he used all his best options, but maybe you think there was some great tactical approach out there that he didn't and should have tried. Let's here it then.
It's "hear", placky.

OK, I think he needs to change the way we play. But from what I've seen, we're far too lightweight in midfield. This has led to mistakes at the back and at some point in the game, the outlets for our defenders begin to dry up as the overworked and outplayed midfield begins to tire, and our front players become isolated from play - and when they do get it, they don't hold the ball up.

When that begins to happen, I think there is some mileage in moving OGH to right back, and let Carole play up front with CKR*, and take off our right back. Not least because I think Hart understands when to play the ball through midfield and when to bypass it completely and let the forwards hold the ball up from one of his passes. But as UB says, our current winger tactic is one big f*** up. 8 defeats in 10 says as much.

The other thing, of course, is that he shouldn't be shipping out players unless he can bring in replacements. I thought removing LK was a good move at the time, but we now have NOBODY to replace him. That is shit management.

*I wouldn't start Carole with CKR, this is a substitution I'm talking about.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
No, just strying to ask a few searching questions of the McGhee critics, and the childish playground abuse I get back I'm afraid tells you all you need to know about the mentality of these people :D

If you think potty-mouthed immaturos like you or Bucky or Chappers will ever have any influence on the grown-up affairs of this club, you are sadly deluded :wave:

Pot kettle, you are the one that is getting angry and trying to get personal, for the simple reason that you are once again, wrong.

The arrogance of the quote below sums you up a treat;

London Irish said:
Or possibly it's you that's not up to being a supporter of a team that is punching above its weight in this league?

Last edited:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
This is BRILLIANT entertainment lads keep it up!!

LI, ever the contrarian, ever the MUG

LI OUT :clap2:
MCGHEE OUT :clap2:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
London Irish said:
No, just strying to ask a few searching questions of the McGhee critics, and the childish playground abuse I get back I'm afraid tells you all you need to know about the mentality of these people :D

If you think potty-mouthed immaturos like you or Bucky or Chappers will ever have any influence on the grown-up affairs of this club, you are sadly deluded :wave:

Why dont you ask searching questions of Magoos tactics, or man management or activity in the transfer market or why he blames referees all the time etc etc.

Just admit that this season he has royally f***ed it up. I reckon another manager with the same sqaud of players would have us in Plymouth or QPR or Hulls position.

Last edited:

Uncle Buck said:
Hammond had come on, as we were sitting back, however he still occupied the left winger / midfield spot, so essentially we were playing the same system.
You wot? :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

You think Hanmmond plays the same role, and brings the same attrributes to the team, as Carole? :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

You can't EVEN admit that Hammond was brought on to assist Mayo and Carpenter with their defensive midfield duties can you?

Dandyman

In London village.
London Irish said:
No Simper I think it's brilliant we lost on Saturday. FFS :rolleyes:

The question is having an intelligent debate about what McGhee could have done differently with that squad of players. I think he used all his best options, but maybe you think there was some great tactical approach out there that he didn't and should have tried. Let's here it then.

I'm not sure if it is a great tactical approach or not but was replacing Hart, possibly the best player on Saturday, with an injured Carole the best move ? Also why when we were one goal up did we fail to attack with more aggression or verve ? I accept that the players can not shirk their responsibility for our present sorry state but are these not fair questions for supporters to ask ?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Why dont you ask searching questions of Magoos tactics, or man management or activity in the transfer market or why he blames referees all the time etc etc.

Because that would require admitting that just possibly McGhee has got it wrong. However Mr Smith has become no entrenched that McGhee is the best manager he has ever seen at the Albion, that he cannot do that. So it becomes easier to go for personal attacks, once stuck in the corner.

Rougvie said:
Oh no, you are not being MR ANGRY again are you.

If you are that sad to call someone a liar, just because he is beating you in an arguement you really should see someone about that.

*verysad*
I'll ask you the question then. Did we have two wingers on the field when we conceded the two killer goals on Saturday? Are you capable of a straight answer Rougvie or not?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Uncle Buck said:
Because that would require admitting that just possibly McGhee has got it wrong. However Mr Smith has become no entrenched that McGhee is the best manager he has ever seen at the Albion, that he cannot do that. So it becomes easier to go for personal attacks, once stuck in the corner.

Is it because he is the only manager he has seen at Withdean?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
You wot? :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

You think Hanmmond plays the same role, and brings the same attrributes to the team, as Carole? :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

You can't EVEN admit that Hammond was brought on to assist Mayo and Carpenter with their defensive midfield duties can you?

He was asked to hold that left role, yes he is more defensive, but he was still asked to cover the left of midfield. We did not change the system, the type of player yes, but not the system.

Uncle Buck said:
Kev the Ape is taking swipes at Placcy, superb.

I know :lolol: It's great that all of NSC can now see the common mentality that you McGhee outers share :clap: :clap: :lolol:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
London Irish said:
I'll ask you the question then. Did we have two wingers on the field when we conceded the two killer goals on Saturday? Are you capable of a straight answer Rougvie or not?

Does it matter??? I mean really. It is results over the season that will see us relegated, not Saturdays. And yes I am counting results at the beginning of the season.

And over the SEASON Magoo has f***ed up.

FFS Crewe stuck THREE past Reading (ok they let in four).

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

you beat me to that one you bastard:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
I know :lolol: It's great that all of NSC can now see the common mentality that you McGhee outers share :clap: :clap: :lolol:

What they we are concerned that the man employed to manage OUR team seems to be taking us backward, seems incapable of making changes in a game to get us a result?

We are so bad for questioning what is going on, we should just show blind faith. Well long before you sullied yourself with the Albion, people asked questions of the club and because of their actions, we still have a club to follow.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
London Irish said:
I do believe that is the best you can do. Dear oh dear. :nono:

Uncle Buck said:
He was asked to hold that left role, yes he is more defensive, but he was still asked to cover the left of midfield. We did not change the system, the type of player yes, but not the system.

If you don't think sacrificing an out-and-out attacking winger Frutos for a defensive, hard-tackling midfielder like Hammond is "not changing the system", then, what can I say? :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.

And still, he preaches to some of us who took to the pitch to get rid of Archer and Bellotti, and rarely missed a game at Gillingham.

Doesnt make us any better, but it is just a little RICH wouldnt you agree ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here