Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee, Jarret & Molango

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
Thought we played some great football last night but still lacked a bit of cutting edge up front. I was impressed again by Jarret when he was brought on but why only give him 6 minutes? He created two good set pieces in that time and worried the Wolves defenece. Also, bearing in mind Knight's lack of form at present, isn't it time to try Molango and Virgo up front?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I couldnt believe he was only given a few minutes,after saturday.he should have had at least half an hour.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
I agree, Jarrett should have got at least 20 mins. Poor old Leon Knight, again he just did not seem in last night. Thought Currie and Nicolas were excellent again but we've got to start making the most of scoring opportunities.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
What he said.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
jarrett has been class, and has threatened every defence ive seen him play against! Surely he's worth more than a few minutes ???

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I think Jarrett may have got longer if McGhee wasn't forced into the change by Butters injury.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Ernest said:
When Butters was injured it forced McGhees hand as he had already used McPhee.
Shame as Albert looked class again and I hope he gets a decent go on Saturday.

I'm sorry, am I on drugs this morning? Is that a perfectly reasonable reply from...Ernest?
surely not......"Nurse, I need more medication!"

Ernest said:
When Butters was injured it forced McGhees hand as he had already used McPhee.
Shame as Albert looked class again and I hope he gets a decent go on Saturday.

****WARNING WARNING****

There have been reports of a sensible post from Ernest. Please, do not leave your homes unless we tell you it is safe to do so as hell may very well be freezing over.

****END OF WARNING***

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I think McGhee definitely underrates our Albert and possibly overrates McPhee - the latter might be because their names sound similar.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Man of Harveys said:
I think McGhee definitely underrates our Albert and possibly overrates McPhee - the latter might be because their names sound similar.

No McGhee has said that whilst Albert can do the job going forward he is unsure about his ability to track back and defend which is why he subbed him for Harding at Watford when we got back to 1-1.
I'm sure last night if Butters hadn't have been injured then Albert would have got more than 6 minutes and we might have got a point going by the way he was troubling the Wolves defence.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
sweet jesus I'm gonna faint :eek:

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
The Korean was causing so many problems down our right hand side we needed a defensive player that side. If like Watford we.d bought Jarret on and moved Currie over Seol(?) would have cut him to pieces.

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
kinkygerbil said:
knight was good last night! just because he doesnt score doesnt mean he didnt play well

I didn't say I thought Knight didn't play well, in fact I thought he had his best game for a while. I still think he's struggling though and not on top form and I'd like to see Molango given a go alongside Virgo.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
kinkygerbil said:
knight was good last night! just because he doesnt score doesnt mean he didnt play well

The trouble is Knight is a centre forward and it's no good him running around if he doesn't score.
I'd prefer the lazy Leon goal hanging and falling over getting penalties and who gets 25 goals a season rather than one running around miles from the box causing no problems to the other teams defence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here