Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee "happy to help"

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Mr McGhee

Certainly.

International manager of high standing in the game.

Plus I've just read that Seven G E, Umbrella Man, and Glenda Hoddle are interested.

Good grief !

Great Scot !!

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
As an interim solution for a few weeks only, while sorting Gus's appeal, this could work quite well imo. The key thing, however, would be to make sure,
in that case, that the temporary appointment did not drift into something longer-term.
However, if the club is confident of the case against Gus, I still think it'd be better to get in the person they really want now, as an interim, with a contract option for the longer-term which could be activated as and when the Gus business is finalised.

This

i would like oscar garcia or any who will keep the type of football we play and i just want the right man for this great club

Fair enough.

I'm not sure about Oscar myself having zero experience with English football, but if he does come I'd like to see a short contract to protect ourselves.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
i am sorry if i moan about every manager we are linked with and i just want the right man for this great club to take us forward and keep the type of football we play and just make some changes and play 2 wingers at home at 2 up top

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
To be fair to McGhee, the reason why it went pear shaped toward the end was because midway through his last season in the Championship, the board decided to sell some of our best players and did not give him the funds to replace them. This wasn't his fault and at least got on with the job until he was eventually sacked. In stark contrast to the spoilt Poyet who constantly bitched and moaned and tried to line himself up other jobs despite getting everything he wanted from Bloom.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
i am sorry if i moan about every manager we are linked with and i just want the right man for this great club to take us forward and keep the type of football we play and just make some changes and play 2 wingers at home at 2 up top

The interim manager might only be in charge for a few weeks, maybe just for pre-season. Does it really matter who it is as long as they have some experience?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
So we employ him, he makes the team play his way for 3-4 weeks - then we get a passing game manager in, say Oscar Garcia, then we make them play another way.

Would be a pretty bad pre-season - we need someone who won't drastically change things.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So we employ him, he makes the team play his way for 3-4 weeks - then we get a passing game manager in, say Oscar Garcia, then we make them play another way.

Would be a pretty bad pre-season - we need someone who won't drastically change things.

I listened to the Wolves match on the radio with McGhee as the co commentator. He was very enthusiastic about the way we played and seems to have a good grasp of it and made some quite interesting complimentary comments about our style too. When he was last here he didn't really have too many choices about how we played so I'd suggest that he could quite easily keep us ticking over in the same style until a permanent manager is appointed.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
All the players will be doing for the next week, is fitness work. Not entirely understanding why a manager is required. Matt Miller and Herr Doctor would have been the main men this week anyway - let them get on with their jobs.

This ...... and last I looked we still have an assistant manager ( unless there's something else the club aren't telling us ).

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I listened to the Wolves match on the radio with McGhee as the co commentator. He was very enthusiastic about the way we played and seems to have a good grasp of it and made some quite interesting complimentary comments about our style too. When he was last here he didn't really have too many choices about how we played so I'd suggest that he could quite easily keep us ticking over in the same style until a permanent manager is appointed.

Lots of our fans are enthusiastic about how we play and have a good grasp of it - I wouldn't have any of them as manager !!

If we do still have Tanno, I'd stick him in charge as interim manager, maybe Stretch and Luke Williams in joint charge - just so there's no major change for the players.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

But there is no way, someone's from a barcelona background, raised on a Spanish model of 1 striker and five active midfielders
Is going to play 2 upfront. So do you still want Garcia?

If you wat two wingers and two up front, you are looking at big sam!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here