Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee blames Knight and Benjamin

Falmer Dream

Feb 2, 2004
In today's Argus, McGhee pins a lot of the blame for the last 3 results on Knight and Benjamin.

They haven't been great, to say the least, but by far our biggest problem is a midfield with about as much creativity and life as a slug in a salt cellar. If McGhee can't see that, then we really are in big trouble :angry:

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I would agree with McGhee. Knight and Benjamin haven't been dealing with balls that have been played to them and haven't been getting into good positions.

I watched the highlights of the Sheff Wed game earlier this morning and the running that Knight was doing then shows a marked difference to what he is doing now.

Benjamin is stumbling all over the place (you thought Rougier was clumsy)

Jakey showed them both up on Saturday.

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
The ball hasnt been sticking much to the front two from the games I saw at Wycombe and Luton, and Im far from convinced Benji is the answer for us, (although 3 goals since hes been here is a decent showing)

But the problem is perfectly clear, its the MIDFIELD where the problem lies, f*** all creativity and not much skill either, add in fullbacks who do nothing and there isnt much to be excited about at the moment.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Yorkie said:

Jakey showed them both up on Saturday.

Interesting yo say that - in today's Times he is higlighted as their player who had a "Stinker". I wasn't there so I don't know but, in judging his performance, perhaps we made a few more allowances for his inexperience than we would with other players.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
They did get service but did nothing with it.

Jakey did a beautiful cross in and Chippy was providing service on Sat but neither of them did anything with it.

That's what I meant about not getting into good positions. I know Knight is marked so closely that he practically looks as though he has a Siamese twin but he doesn't run now like he used to to try and shake off his marker.

Falmer Dream

Feb 2, 2004
trueblue said:
Interesting yo say that - in today's Times he is higlighted as their player who had a "Stinker".
That is outrageous and however wrote that should be thoroughly ashamed

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I would have given him 8 DO

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Must admit I thought Knight was at his best when Henderson was with us ... they seemed to click

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
not sure I appreciate our manager "naming and shaming" in the local press - is it just me - or does anyone else find this a little off?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
On the Left Wing said:
Must admit I thought Knight was at his best when Henderson was with us ... they seemed to click

henderson was a good player better than benji but people seemed to have something against him just like roberts

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here