Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] McGhee 99% likely to leave by end of week!

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Brovian said:
I don't know and I agree with you. It's just that looking at what he's achieved and his business profile he doesn't seem to be the sort of person who has spare millions to invest. A sort of modern Steven Purdew

It HAS to be over 500k otherwise by the time he gets his way and sacks MM there won't be much left

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Rusthall Seagull said:
What the **** do you mean 'a bunch of gangsters' ?? Have you ever met these guys? are you going to honestly sit there and believe that drivel written by Naylor....

Both of these guys are 100% Albion....the family have been following the Albion for so many years....

Spot on.

Naylor is really putting his own job on the line with this sort of misinformation.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Could it be that all other sources have been exhausted and now the club needs money so desperately that we are back to a Stanley scenario of being "bailed out" by a fan? Not suggesting the same result or intentions of wrongdoing but it smacks a bit of desperation to me when you allow someone who's not put any money into the club yet to be the one with the final vote to dictate who manages :down:

*waits to be told that it's Naylor with an agenda *

Last edited:

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Icy Gull said:
Could it be that all other sources have been exhausted and now the club needs money so desperately that we are back to a Stanley scenario of being "bailed out" by a fan? Not suggesting the same result or intentions of wrongdoing but it smacks a bit of desperation to me :down:

*waits to be told that it's Naylor with an agenda *

Do agree that the club is financially running on empty....

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Can somebody please explain where this term 'The Dangerous Brothers' came from? Is it Naylor's imagination? Is it irony (as in 'Johnny Crumplin, Football Genius')? Are they really just a lovely pair of lads who enjoy a good night out followed by a curry (with a bit of ticket touting on the side)?

Is their Uncle Ray a thoroughly nice man who was secretly plotting Archer's downfall while pretending to be in league with them? Of course, he wouldn't want this to ever be revealed because of his modest demeanour.

I have probably misunderstood the nuances in the article and, if so, I apologise to Rougvie and Rusthall for upsetting them.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Jim D said:
Can somebody please explain where this term 'The Dangerous Brothers' came from? Is it Naylor's imagination? Is it irony (as in 'Johnny Crumplin, Football Genius')? Are they really just a lovely pair of lads who enjoy a good night out followed by a curry (with a bit of ticket touting on the side)?

Is their Uncle Ray a thoroughly nice man who was secretly plotting Archer's downfall while pretending to be in league with them? Of course, he wouldn't want this to ever be revealed because of his modest demeanour.

I have probably misunderstood the nuances in the article and, if so, I apologise to Rougvie and Rusthall for upsetting them.

I just think it portrays them as 'underhand' or on the cusp of being illegal....they are not. As far as Ray Bloom goes, why if he is such a bad guy did DK allow him back on the board???

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I'm certainly not passing judgement on the Blooms but it did make me laugh reading Naylor's article. He might as well have suggested they will be attempting their coup on 06/06/06.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
blockhseagull said:
It HAS to be over 500k otherwise by the time he gets his way and sacks MM there won't be much left

The way I read it, there is no way DK would let someone dictate to him about firing a manager that he would otherwise keep unless for one of the two following reasons:-

1) He is putting in a damn sight more than £500k

2) We are so desperate for cash, we'd sell our own grandmothers

Lets just hope it's 1)

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Rusthall Seagull said:
I just think it portrays them as 'underhand' or on the cusp of being illegal....they are not. As far as Ray Bloom goes, why if he is such a bad guy did DK allow him back on the board???

Exactly.

Anyway it will probably come back to haunt the Argus, the people Naylor has dragged into the witchunt to save his mate are probably, and certainly will know plenty of advertisers that are keeping that rag afloat.

I suspect Naylors' bosses may have to reign him in soon if he gets any more personal.

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Rusthall Seagull said:
Never...do you think that DK is that stupid?

Well, why do you think he's on board then? He's got pictures of Dick Knight, Martin Perry and Liz Costa in a threesome and he's blackmailing him? :D

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Rougvie said:
Exactly.

Anyway it will probably come back to haunt the Argus, the people Naylor has dragged into the witchunt to save his mate are probably, and certainly will know plenty of advertisers that are keeping that rag afloat.

I suspect Naylors' bosses may have to reign him in soon if he gets any more personal.

Naylor must be being fed all this crap by Mcghee.That means he could be in breach of his contract and we could sack him and not have to pay him a penny

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Gwylan said:
Well, why do you think he's on board then? He's got pictures of Dick Knight, Martin Perry and Liz Costa in a threesome and he's blackmailing him? :D

Now that would really be worth a 20 page spread!!! :D

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
vulture said:
Naylor must be being fed all this crap by Mcghee.That means he could be in breach of his contract and we could sack him and not have to pay him a penny

Get a grip. How do you know this to be true. It's rather tenuous.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
vulture said:

Doubtfull, I am sure he is doing it to help McGhee, but the Bloom rumour has been doing the rounds since the Coventry debacle and is hardly a secret. The players certainly would have been aware if it, and I am sure Naylor has been sitting on it for good reason.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Barnet Seagull said:
"Friend of Michel Kuipers"

the plot thickens...

Just what I was thinking.

Potentially we just may have been in a situation where we dropped a goalkeeper because of his friendship with a potential investor who didnt much like McGhee, and even diverted transfer funds (McGhee did seem desperate to get Henderson) because of a petty greivance.

If McGhee 'was' guilty of putting his own neck before the welfare of the club, then I cant see many other teams touching him with a bargepoll.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here