Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] McDonalds in the Christmas spirit 💩

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I quite like a Macdonalds …once a month is fine by me …oh and I don’t use JE or deliveroo…too tight to pay for something that I could get off my arse and collect not far from me

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I’m not going to stick up for a firm like McDonalds and unlike Wetherspoons, I have periodically gone in there (the amount of salt in a double cheeseburger makes it a perfect complement to a four pack when getting a train)
However, and I stand to be corrected here, the concept of Ronald McDonald House is a great idea.
Having stayed in one of the houses - and helped to raise thousands of pounds for RMHC over the years - I can say they are facking brilliant.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Do you have any backing for these assertions?
1702252192886.png

DATEM for example is a chemically produced edible substance.

Their buns have at least 16 ingredients (not including sesame seeds and without knowing how many of “one or more..” so could be much more than 16). Bread needs flour, water, that’s it?

They include all this shit to make the buns taste nice and last without going off, none of it is actually necessary.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Their buns have at least 16 ingredients (not including sesame seeds and without knowing how many of “one or more..” so could be much more than 16). Bread needs flour, water, that’s it?

They include all this shit to make the buns taste nice and last without going off, none of it is actually necessary.
you've just listed some ingredients, assumed large number is bad, unaware most bread rolls will be similar. where is the substance to the fibre claim, doubt there is much fibre in a McDonalds, but then neither will there be in home spun burger - meat and bread dont contain much fibre. flour and water alone will make a pretty plain flat bread.

for fun, go have a look at something pitched as health food like Huel and see how it compares.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
you've just listed some ingredients, assumed large number is bad, unaware most bread rolls will be similar. where is the substance to the fibre claim, doubt there is much fibre in a McDonalds, but then neither will there be in home spun burger - meat and bread dont contain much fibre. flour and water alone will make a pretty plain flat bread.

for fun, go have a look at something pitched as health food like Huel and see how it compares.

I’ve listed the ingredients in a Big Mac bun, from their website.

It’s all shit. Just eat actual food.

Reactions: abc

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Not McDonalds but a d#ck of a contracted security guy. McDs have reacted with anger and taken appropriate action. But it’s the way now - ignore the facts and generate faux outrage at a big company rather than the actual one single person responsible
If a business contracts a task out, in this case security, that contractor still represents the business and it's employees assigned to the business are effectively the businesses employees. So McDonalds in this case are responsible for the actions of the guard - although I accept McDonalds have acted well after the incident.

To use an example closer to home, if you think a steward at the Amex has acted inappropriately who do you complain to ? The Albion obviously ( and if you have a few days to read the reply PBOBE ), yet a vast majority of stewards are not employed by the club. Likewise the catering staff. Yet they all still represent the club.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
If you deliberately threw water over any other member of the public, you’d be arrested. Shouldn’t be any different for members of the homeless community.
People throw beer at footie matches. Are they arrested?

BTW my comment in no way relates to this incident, which was disgusting and very unkind.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
People throw beer at footie matches. Are they arrested?

BTW my comment in no way relates to this incident, which was disgusting and very unkind.

Lots of thing happen at football matches and say, in pubs and venues that would get you arrested out on the street.

Throwing beer indiscriminately at a throng of 20,000 people is very different to going up to an individual in the street and throwing liquid over them.

One would get a disapproving look from a steward. One would get you nicked for common assault.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
View attachment 171053

I agree with everything you say but sadly i think you’ll find that all processed food (which is basically everything bar fresh veg,fruit and meat) is full of this crap. Furthermore more, a general rule is that the cheaper it is the more of this it will contain and therefore those on the lowest income end up with the poorest diets

abc

Jan 6, 2007
If a business contracts a task out, in this case security, that contractor still represents the business and it's employees assigned to the business are effectively the businesses employees. So McDonalds in this case are responsible for the actions of the guard - although I accept McDonalds have acted well after the incident.

To use an example closer to home, if you think a steward at the Amex has acted inappropriately who do you complain to ? The Albion obviously ( and if you have a few days to read the reply PBOBE ), yet a vast majority of stewards are not employed by the club. Likewise the catering staff. Yet they all still represent the club.

indeed but the club cannot monitor the behaviour of every steward for every moment they are on duty. If they are reported to have acted inappropriately and this is proven (as has clearly been the case with this security man) then the club would/should take appropriate disciplinary action. McDs have done exactly this.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Why does it upset you so much?

McDonald’s is fine in moderation.
It feels like the early days of tobacco when people started linking it to cancer but nothing changed for like 50 years and so many people died except this time we can see it happening in real time and nothing is being done about it.

It upsets me that people will get and die from cancer when we could be cutting back on all UPF and things like McDonalds but people are getting more and more of it literally delivered to their door step.

When I was a kid we would go to McDonalds a few times a year, now a few times a month isn’t that unusual.

I don’t expect people to never eat junk or upf but there should be a target like 90% actual proper food or something.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
I agree with everything you say but sadly i think you’ll find that all processed food (which is basically everything bar fresh veg,fruit and meat) is full of this crap. Furthermore more, a general rule is that the cheaper it is the more of this it will contain and therefore those on the lowest income end up with the poorest diets
I know which upsets me even more

Reactions: abc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here