Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McCourt could be the next summer departure?

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Asia - interesting. He could end up in India with the likes of Pennant. His departure could happen very quickly if we get a loaned right winger in on Tuesday although CH is understandably complementary about him.

Jermaine Pennant.... Now there is a "myth" player if ever there was such a thing...... I remember when he was meant to be the dogs danglies at Arsenal..... And it never ever happened. Whether it was an attitude thing, or whether he simply wasn't good enough, but to be at his age and playing in the bloody Indian league..... Can't believe someone in this country wouldn't take a punt on him

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Jermaine Pennant.... Now there is a "myth" player if ever there was such a thing...... I remember when he was meant to be the dogs danglies at Arsenal..... And it never ever happened. Whether it was an attitude thing, or whether he simply wasn't good enough, but to be at his age and playing in the bloody Indian league..... Can't believe someone in this country wouldn't take a punt on him

Same could be said about David Bentley.

Worthingite

Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Same could be said about David Bentley.

I see your David Bentley and raise you Gael Kakuta (the one that caused Chelsea so much agg a few years ago!!!) this could be a thread in itself!!!!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I see your David Bentley and raise you Gael Kakuta (the one that caused Chelsea so much agg a few years ago!!!) this could be a thread in itself!!!!

I'll see your Gael Kakuta and raise you Freddy Adu. At the age of only 14 he was declared the new Pele and future of American soccer attracting huge personal sponsorship deals and worldwide attention. He is currently 25 and without a club.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Adam Johnson is another who was tipped for greatness yet didn't make it (albeit his decline was more due to injuries than attitude). Retired a few years back, still only 26 now. Very sad.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Surely we will get Benno in...!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Adam Johnson is another who was tipped for greatness yet didn't make it (albeit his decline was more due to injuries than attitude). Retired a few years back, still only 26 now. Very sad.

Don't you mean Michael? Although he flatters to deceive, Adam (27) has made 17 appearances for Sunderland this season and tends to keep Buckley out of the side. Still, he has the talent to be an England regular but I doubt he'll get in the squad again.

Worthingite

Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I'll see your Gael Kakuta and raise you Freddy Adu. At the age of only 14 he was declared the new Pele and future of American soccer attracting huge personal sponsorship deals and worldwide attention. He is currently 25 and without a club.

Jesus, just read his wiki page. What a waste.he must have some serious baggage if Blackpool wouldn't touch him.

And yet...... I'd still take a punt on him. He's still young, and if he had the right attitude..... We've done a couple of redemptions in the past, why not him?!?!

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Don't you mean Michael? Although he flatters to deceive, Adam (27) has made 17 appearances for Sunderland this season and tends to keep Buckley out of the side. Still, he has the talent to be an England regular but I doubt he'll get in the squad again.

My mistake, you're absolutely right.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol

Yup, Michael. The physicaltransformation in him was absolutely amazing. There was a photo of him in a kebab shop that caused a right furore, was posted on Twitter just before his release at 24. At 20/21 he was a lean, elegant central midfielder. Tipped to be our next Gerrard.
I think he struggled a little with injuries, but he literally ate and drank his way to early retirement. Really sad. Google him- the photos are shocking.
article-0-01B54AEA000004B0-842_634x391.jpg
article-2262486-16F1F795000005DC-701_306x423.jpg

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Yup, Michael. The physically transformation in him was absolutely amazing. There was a photo of him in a kebab shop that caused a right furore, was posted on Twitter just before his release at 24. At 20/21 he was a lean, elegant central midfielder. Tipped to be our next Gerrard.
I think he struggled a little with injuries, but he literally ate and drank his way to early retirement. Really sad. Google him- the photos are shocking,

Jesus H Christ! He is bigger than Kemy! To think that he could have been one of the country's best central midfielders on £100k+ a week! Very sad for the lad.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Jesus H Christ! He is bigger than Kemy! To think that he could have been one of the country's best central midfielders on £100k+ a week! Very sad for the lad.
Obviously likes his food as he's partnered up with a Michelin starred chef and is opening a restaurant opposite my house.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So not only are no Championship teams interested in CMS, he even has to go on trial to a lower division club. Quite sad really

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
So not only are no Championship teams interested in CMS, he even has to go on trial to a lower division club. Quite sad really

Nah. CMS earned a fortune while here. He doesnt have to worry about where his next fiver is from.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Surely McCourt was only on a one year contract, so he'll be off anyway unless we offer him another one (which seems a bit unlikely, given the lack if impact he made last season)?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here