Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Christian Walton should never have lost his place. Elliot Bennett should play on the right. It's not rocket science.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
04 Hughes
07 Colunga
14 Calderon
20 McCourt
22 Holla
24 Ince
31 Walton

the bench is better than the starting 11!

We were saying exactly the same thing last night. They say the strength of a team is what it has on the bench. In Brightons case its stronger than what is on the pitch!!!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
The only one of the four I would have picked is Holla the others are a reminder of why we are so poor.

The only reminder we need of why we are so poor is the players on the pitch. How you can say we are so poor because of players that are not playing (and who have been consistently more successful when they have played) is beyond me.

Get Calde in now. Bruno has loads of talent, but is too often unreliable, trying too many fancy dan tricks, disappearing defensively.

Ince was looking a real prospect last season. Holla was our best player early this season. McCourt looks like the only player who might make something happen.

And they are all our players, not loanees for whom the stakes are not so high.

Buckeejit

Sep 21, 2014
Couldn't believe Ince wasn't in the starting line-up when we were in dire need of his strength and grit and then of course we watched the sorry mess unfurl... everyone I've spoken to thought Paddy was quality when he came on (he was putting in class passes and free kicks so bit perplexed that others are so ready to slag him - maybe its because he doesn't look 'busy' enough) but of course, as usual, it was too little too late

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
McCourt's a fancy dan with no end product. How many goals and assists does he have this year out of interest?

Calderon's legs have gone, anyone that thinks he should play ahead of Bruno needs their head checking.

Ince has been awful this season. He has gone so far downhill, it's untrue. I have no idea what's happened to Holla, it's a mystery. At least one of these two should be playing every game. The personnel used in midfield yesterday was like a bad taste joke at the Albion's expense.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Sometimes you can have your best games when you dont play ........

Theres a tidal wave of emotion at present any alternative in the minds eye would improve it and just another stick to beat the coaching staff with.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
How Ince could be left out of the starting 11 after his role at Derby, and when he came on against Fulham is beyond me. How on earth can you leave him out over others. Something is going on!
Ince must be wondering what the hey is going on - Hypia just does not rate him - says it all hey.

Ince was arguably motm at Derby, a week later on the bench, really puzzling, just like why JFC and Gardner keep starting.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I don't think our midfield will improve until SH stops playing the full backs so high up the pitch. Having said that, if he persists then I'd agree that Holla and Ince would be the better holding midfielders. What I don't understand is that JFC used to play further up the pitch and is one of the few players, when he can be bothered, who can jink through defences and create chances for himself and others.
Last night we seemed to be able to get the ball within 20 yds of their goal just to lose possession. What happened to quick short forward passes and interchanges to get shots on goal? We either take on one too many or just don't have the confidence to shoot.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The only reminder we need of why we are so poor is the players on the pitch. How you can say we are so poor because of players that are not playing (and who have been consistently more successful when they have played) is beyond me.

Get Calde in now. Bruno has loads of talent, but is too often unreliable, trying too many fancy dan tricks, disappearing defensively.

Ince was looking a real prospect last season. Holla was our best player early this season. McCourt looks like the only player who might make something happen.

And they are all our players, not loanees for whom the stakes are not so high.

Bruno is far better than Calderon all round bar the link up play with Elliott Bennett.
Ince when ever picked has been poor unless twinned with Holla. Mc Court is another example of a very poor signing and offers nothing other than trying a run and losing the ball. Unfortunately Sami is generally playing the best of the midfielders but they are the best we have but still not good enough.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
McCourt would be useful if he could kick with his left foot. Ditto Colunga and Teixeira. Defences can shepherd these players on to their weaker foot. Ince is the same but he has the strength on his stronger foot.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
McCourt's a fancy dan with no end product. How many goals and assists does he have this year out of interest?

Calderon's legs have gone, anyone that thinks he should play ahead of Bruno needs their head checking.

Ince has been awful this season. He has gone so far downhill, it's untrue. I have no idea what's happened to Holla, it's a mystery. At least one of these two should be playing every game. The personnel used in midfield yesterday was like a bad taste joke at the Albion's expense.

You obviously did not see Ince at Derby and @ home to Fulham! A few to mention

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports