Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McCarthy sacked

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I'm a bit surprised by that.

Met Mick a couple of times before, he is a proper gent.

How long until Wolves come knocking for Gus?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Getting WHIPPED 5-1 at home by your deadly rivals is pretty much guaranteed to upset the chairman, I'd say.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
I'm a bit surprised by that.

Met Mick a couple of times before, he is a proper gent.

How long until Wolves come knocking for Gus?

If Gus is in the top suite of a swanky hotel, Wolves won't even make it into the hotel lift, in fact they won't even get past the reception desk or even be allowed to park their car in the hotel's underground car park, i doubt they will even make it as far as the road leading to the hotel.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Wolves fans are right up there with the biggest morons in English football in my opinion.
Good point. Who could forget that time they had the temerity to finish 3rd in the league (by a point) then lose in the play-off semi final, only for some of their superb fans to roll out a banner that read "You've let us down again".

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I know Gus would never actually go to Wolves - I am not suggesting that. But I am sure they will ask Tony the question, before being told where to go.

Albion legend Terry CONNOR has taken over as interim manager.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Shame Connor will never get the job permanently, I'd like to see how he gets on.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Their fans aren't very happy that Connor still has a job, if you look at Twitter.

As an aside, Molineux is going to look AMAZING once its finished. Will be arguably the best stadium in the Championship.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Mrs Doubtfire is already the bookies favourite for the job.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Their fans aren't very happy that Connor still has a job, if you look at Twitter.

As an aside, Molineux is going to look AMAZING once its finished. Will be arguably the best stadium in the Championship.

They have postponed the stadium building project too once the current 'North bank' has been finished. Fans have been voting with their feet in recent months, after 3 seasons of selling out almost every game.

The club have chosen to spend their money on redeveloping and expanding the training ground instead. They are planning to recommence the stadium project once their new academy and updated training ground is finished.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
McCarthy has a bit of a track record of doing better in the first half of the season then tailing off. If he continued that trend they would be guaranteed relegation fodder so I guess it makes sense to get someone in now. Where I live is a Wolves stronghold and even the most faithful have been quite vociferous about McCarthy's shortcomings in recent weeks. They really are playing some truly awful football, appear to be tactically clueless, and for whatever reasons they effectively did nothing to change or strengthen in the January window.

As for Gus? Wolves are possibly one of the few Premier League sides who might be tempted to go for him now rather than wait to see how he progresses but my money would be on Steve Bruce who is available and has experience of fighting an EPL relegation battle

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They have postponed the stadium building project too once the current 'North bank' has been finished. Fans have been voting with their feet in recent months, after 3 seasons of selling out almost every game.

The club have chosen to spend their money on redeveloping and expanding the training ground instead. They are planning to recommence the stadium project once their new academy and updated training ground is finished.

Pretty sensible, to be honest. No point ending up in massive debt and getting relegated with a huge new stadium.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Wow, fans sang "You're getting sacked in the morning" and it actually happened.

A lot of Wolves fans were on Twitter yesterday talking about wanting Gus Poyet to take over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here