MBNA / Ombudsman

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Some advice please:

I have a BHAFC credit card supplied by MBNA which I use specifically for work. Anyway paid the monthly card bill on line a few months ago, around £380 and the fuckwits deducted it twice from my bank account so I incurred around £90 bank charges.

I wrote to them and no response, then faxed them as they denied receiving it and eventually they got the letter and having agreed to send a response sent another letter saying they need to delay and will respond by 07.07.

So this morning the post arrives and they admit liability and say they will send a cheque shortly for the £90 and we should now close this however if not satisfied you can complain to the ombudsman.

What happens if I write to the ombudsman, would I get any further compensation or shall I just leave it be.

Anybody had any previous experience of this ?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I would say this situation is closed but it seems you would prefer some sort of compensation???if this is the case then crack on with the ombudsman:thumbsup:

Don't fancy your chances to get much more:p

Nov 20, 2003
hove
have used them in past against legal and general it took forever and you need to keep on at them and give them as much info as poss .in the end l and g had to give me compo but it took a lot of time to sort ,good luck beach hut

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
I would suggest that it is unlikely that you would gain any further compensation from the ombudsman.

Despite the appalling service from MBNA, they have admitted they were wrong and have/will reimburse your bank charges.

Suspect that the ombudsman will see that as adequate despite you having to chase MBNA in order to get the matter resolved.

However, good luck if you do persue it further.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
OK thanks I'll call it quits and just be happy I got my money back.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I stopped using my Seagulls MBNA card, as I am pretty sure the club gain no benefit after the first couple of years anyway. Also I just don't like the way they operate.

The guy who owns Villa made his wedge through them and he seems to be one of the nicer guys in football, so people make your own minds up on this one.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
just by referring to the oms will cost the 150 quid so do it

it will only cost MBNA (nearer £400 I think) if FOS decide you have a case, and before doing that FOS will contact MBNA and ask them how they plan to resolve the situation. IF MBNA say they have already refunded you the charges they will probably close the case.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports