• Khan

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Other

Votes: 7 21.9%

• Total voters

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
The Pope and Manny Pacquiao.....the only 2 people who can bring Manila to a stand still.well actually Manny is the only person who manages to clear the streets of people and cars when he fights.you cannot imagine how big that bloke is out there.

The phenomenal crime rate in Manila goes through the floor when manny fights. It's incredible. If you have been in Manila when he is fighting it's such a buzz, it's amazing, even if it's minus 12 hours time difference.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
The guy is an idiot for trying to protect his unbeaten record against bums. Even if he beats Manny now, I will always think of him as being scared to fight him in his prime.
Manny will be remembered as the best during his time.
Khan, no chin. Not in the same class as the other 2.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
The phenomenal crime rate in Manila goes through the floor when manny fights. It's incredible. If you have been in Manila when he is fighting it's such a buzz, it's amazing, even if it's minus 12 hours time difference.

I was out there recently for his last fight, the main story on the news is his fight about 5 days before the event!

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
The guy is an idiot for trying to protect his unbeaten record against bums. Even if he beats Manny now, I will always think of him as being scared to fight him in his prime.
Manny will be remembered as the best during his time.
Khan, no chin. Not in the same class as the other 2.

You must have a few Filipinos on the firm smudge !

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I thought Mayweather was avoiding Manny because he thinks he has been on the Lance Armstrong drugs through his career. A bit unusual how a fighter can move up so many weights and stay so powerful. I think they couldn't agree times for drug tests a few years ago when the fight would have been huge. It may happen soon though as Manny was knocked out recently so Floyed may feel it's less of a risk now.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I thought Mayweather was avoiding Manny because he thinks he has been on the Lance Armstrong drugs through his career. A bit unusual how a fighter can move up so many weights and stay so powerful. I think they couldn't agree times for drug tests a few years ago when the fight would have been huge. It may happen soon though as Manny was knocked out recently so Floyed may feel it's less of a risk now.

Manny agreed to more drug tests any time. Then Money insisted on blood tests. He was after any excuse to avoid the risk of defeat.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Work on the ship grinds to a halt when he fights mate. I was also in Manila when he got knocked out byMarquez. It was like the whole city was in mourning for days after.

I can imagine. God love em, I was in ermita staggering around, maddest thing was there was no danger or edge that night, which is very unlike ermita or malate. Just people genuinely gutted.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I can imagine. God love em, I was in ermita staggering around, maddest thing was there was no danger or edge that night, which is very unlike ermita or malate. Just people genuinely gutted.

Blimey we could of had a San Mig or 3!

XSE25

Dec 29, 2013
Shame it bdidn't happen years ago when Pacquiao was at his best - Mayweather has waited until he slowed down enough.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Looks like Khan is about to announce a big fight.

He posted on twitter 'expect the unexpected' and then that he was at Wembley Stadium in talks, opponent to be announced soon.

My first thought was that it must be Kell Brook however he announced yesterday that he is fighting in sheffield in March....

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Mayweather V Pacquiao looks set to go ahead. Rumoured announcement at the Superbowl this weekend.

Thanks for the heads up.

I've just had a read about this and apparently the two bumped into each other in Miami, went back to a hotel together to 'work things out'. Ooeerr..!
Nothing concrete yet but looking more likely than not.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Thanks for the heads up.

I've just had a read about this and apparently the two bumped into each other in Miami, went back to a hotel together to 'work things out'. Ooeerr..!
Nothing concrete yet but looking more likely than not.

Yep, by complete coincidence apparently. Manny decided to attend the Miami Heat game after his flight was cancelled, and was sat courtside, opposite Floyd. The two exchanged numbers at HT and later met up to discuss things.

Only minor contract issues to be dealt with, like broadcasting etc which should be resolved soon. Manny has agreed to a 60/40 split in favour of Floyd.

May the 2nd apparently. Cannot wait for this!

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Yep, by complete coincidence apparently. Manny decided to attend the Miami Heat game after his flight was cancelled, and was sat courtside, opposite Floyd. The two exchanged numbers at HT and later met up to discuss things.

Only minor contract issues to be dealt with, like broadcasting etc which should be resolved soon. Manny has agreed to a 60/40 split in favour of Floyd.

May the 2nd apparently. Cannot wait for this!

Same, 2nd biggest fight of the last 2 years for me.

I just watched the Hatton Vs Mayweather weigh-in and highlights.
If you haven't seen it in a while, watch the weigh-in on Youtube. The English took over Las Vegas that night, amazing scenes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here