Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mayweather fight ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cannot understand the s..t given to Mayweather. The first thing you are taught in boxing at a a young age is defend yourself at all times. The ref told them to box so the onus was on Ortiz to defend himself. Mayweather will not fight Manni Pac but will probably settle for an easier fight against Amir Khan who I think he will beat easily, if he wants to continue fighting.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ortiz had already apologised and Mayweather in no way accepts or pretends to accept ANOTHER hug. He does what the ref tells him.
He may not have accepted the hug, but he knew what it was. He knew he could knock Ortiz out as he wasn't ready. It's like if the ref started a fight and one guy didn't hear and was talking to his corner while the other knocked him cold. Within the rules, but nothing I'd want to pay to see. How he could go off celebrating is beyond me. He was on SSN not that long ago with a union flag jumper, trying to fool us into paying him more money for his fights, as if he gives a stuff about Britain. And then to get out of fighting the real master (pacquiao) he made up the drug story. I'm not a fan.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
I cannot understand the s..t given to Mayweather. The first thing you are taught in boxing at a a young age is defend yourself at all times. The ref told them to box so the onus was on Ortiz to defend himself. Mayweather will not fight Manni Pac but will probably settle for an easier fight against Amir Khan who I think he will beat easily, if he wants to continue fighting.

It's a boxers code ffs & mayweather took the pussys way out, let's face it if mayweather wanted to be a man about it and smack him for nutting him then they were in the right place for him to do so..... & do so he did but when he knew Ortiz wasn't going to be able to do anything about it.
All this "defend yourself at all times" is all well and good but Ortiz took 1 step back from making an apology & floyd took the bottle job option & basically it was just as bad as smacking somebody from behind

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sorry got to disagree he did what any boxer would started boxing when the ref said box on nothing wrong with that.

Had the ref not told them to box on he would not have counted Ortiz out.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Sorry got to disagree he did what any boxer would started boxing when the ref said box on nothing wrong with that.

Had the ref not told them to box on he would not have counted Ortiz out.
So if Ortiz walked up & touched gloves & then whacked him as he was taking a step back square on with his hands down then you wouldn't have thought it was unsporting then ?

This isn't like football where if a ball is in play then it's in play... This is knockout punches coming in where peoples health comes into play & yes the butt was awful aswell but at least mayweather was braced for a blow of some some kind to come in as it was during a flurry of Ortiz punches

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Once they have touched gloves the fight is back on and immediately after touching gloves Ortiz should have put his guard up BEFORE stepping back. Mayweather took advantage of his mistake. It is a natural reaction, in most cases, after touching gloves to continue the upward motion to protect the head.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Once they have touched gloves the fight is back on and immediately after touching gloves Ortiz should have put his guard up BEFORE stepping back. Mayweather took advantage of his mistake. It isa natural reaction, in most cases, after touching gloves to continue an upward motion to protect the head.

Yes on paper but it's not the done thing is it
How many times have you seen this happen before then ?

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
tezz ya just seem to have it in for Mayweather fact is his done nothing wrong, in fact if he wanted he could easily press assault charges against Ortiz if he was a proper wanker as your all making out

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Once they have touched gloves the fight is back on and immediately after touching gloves Ortiz should have put his guard up BEFORE stepping back. Mayweather took advantage of his mistake. It is a natural reaction, in most cases, after touching gloves to continue the upward motion to protect the head.

It was legal but showed lack of class and made him look a c##t as did his rant after the fight.
Absolute t#sser with a bad attitude

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
Yes on paper but it's not the done thing is it
How many times have you seen this happen before then ?

spot on...forst the headbutt is incredible!! what was Ortiz thinking??
I think Mayweather (cocky shite as ever) took a bit of instant revenge...rematch but time is running out for Mayweather..
Surely he has to fight Pac Man or Khan at the very least!

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
tezz ya just seem to have it in for Mayweather fact is his done nothing wrong, in fact if he wanted he could easily press assault charges against Ortiz if he was a proper wanker as your all making out

Hahahaha assault charges ? Best post on the thread so far...... Well done mate

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Hahahaha assault charges ? Best post on the thread so far...... Well done mate

Well clearly a intentional head butt has nothing to do with boxing so yeah he could have.

also im not your mate...... thank f***

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ

That has just highlighted you as having absolutely no clue on boxing. Well done, I now know to ignore any of your posts in any boxing threads. Thank you.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
That has just highlighted you as having absolutely no clue on boxing. Well done, I now know to ignore any of your posts in any boxing threads. Thank you.

also goes to show you have no idea about the law. thank you

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Boxing in it's own right would lead to calls of assault charges. Bless you.

So would football, so would rugby, so would many many sports whats your point.

You box you use your fists the name of the sport, you dont use your head, using your head is there for breaking any laws of the sport, there for assault. If Mayweather is a big as **** as your all making out.

I mean was not all the fans on here when we played Gillingham claiming a tackle there player made was assault

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Well clearly a intentional head butt has nothing to do with boxing so yeah he could have.

also im not your mate...... thank f***
you are not my mate ?
Hahaha shut up you c#nt !!!
Like I give a toss it was a figure of speech ya drip & the law changes once you're in the ring muppet

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here