Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] mayo baxter lounge

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It’s odd then, because we couldn’t get a seat in the lounge, not before or during the break. Admittedly I prefer taking stairs, so didn’t benefit from the lift. I agree about transferring the tickets and the parking was great, other than the queue to leave, which was similar to The Bridge shenanigans.
I only got the seat through a company who a family member works for. So different people get the seats every game. Somehow, the corporate vibe just wasn’t for me. I’m glad I was given the opportunity to try it though and I’m glad that so many fans are able to enjoy it 👍
I’m not suggesting there’s a seat for everyone, but there‘s a good amount….as the photo @Chicken Run posted shows. I appreciate its not for everyone and the “benefits” might seem trivial to some but it works for me; different folks different strokes.

And the Focus lounge is by and large long term fans….there’s no “corporate vibe”

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
In my opinion, there isn't much between the lounges. The ticket price gets you access to a lounge, free program, that's it. The WMB lounge is lovely, big, 2 bars well staffed and the match seats give a fantastic view, but they are pricey. The other lounges are all similar, great facility's. The price difference seems to be based on the match seat location.
Indeed, in my very limited experience, one lounge is much like another. The only discernable difference is where the lounge is situated, and where you sit to watch the match.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Good explanation. Although not a 1901er it is something I sometimes regret not doing. I would enjoy the comfort pre game and relative ease in getting refreshment, However would not consider now after an equally good seat in East Upper plus after many years knowing so many supporters near us. Personally find it a pain getting to game an hour before KO which one would not feel in 1901. I do know some people have left because to many hospitality people sitting near them. but sure it is possible to tickets in non hospitality areas.
I’ve often got to the gam
I’m not suggesting there’s a seat for everyone, but there‘s a good amount….as the photo @Chicken Run posted shows. I appreciate its not for everyone and the “benefits” might seem trivial to some but it works for me; different folks different strokes.

And the Focus lounge is by and large long term fans….there’s no “corporate vibe”
its certainly a good experience in my mind, I even had the pleasure against Fulham ( the game wasn’t) of parking in the farm yard in Falmer village and free taxi shuttle drop offto the down ramp past Brighton Uni and seconds away from west reception with the same going the other way, last pick 7pm 😀

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Oh, what have they done?
IMG_1277.jpeg

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It’s odd then, because we couldn’t get a seat in the lounge, not before or during the break.

Snap. On both of my visits to 1901, using the tickets which @Goldstone1976 very kindly let me use, getting a seat in the lounge pre-match was all but impossible. On my first visit with @Papa Lazarou we had to ask someone if we could borrow the corner of their table so we had somewhere to put our drinks down whilst eating our pies.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Snap. On both of my visits to 1901, using the tickets which @Goldstone1976 very kindly let me use, getting a seat in the lounge pre-match was all but impossible. On my first visit with @Papa Lazarou we had to ask someone if we could borrow the corner of their table so we had somewhere to put our drinks down whilst eating our pies.
Yep pretty much this , the only way I could ever get a seat was rocking up 2 hours before ko, which isn’t good if you have half an interest in actually watching the football rather than spending the time pissing 😂

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Six tickets available in Mayo Wynne Baxter stand for thurs 8pm game £155 each...... £35 more than the most expensive wembley tickets last weekend.

Wow will they sell ???

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
So chips are available on site, get them in the stands

But for no reason you can’t order them as a side/on their own, as we found out when the missus fancied some with her loaded chicken.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
The East 1901 is a lot better for seats and bar than the West one

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here