Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] mayo baxter lounge

Simonf93

Apr 25, 2012
Evening everyone

Just a quick question, my sons football team are looking to get the coaches a end of season gift and we noticed there’s some 1901 mayo baxter lounge tickets available and was just wondering what’s on offer in there, is it just pints in a glass, nice seating before game, and less queuing??

can’t see to find anything on the club website

Simonf93

Apr 25, 2012
and what’s different with the heineken lounge…

sorry for questions never personally done 1901

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
Not much, West middle seats give a better view than Southwest corner but the lounges are basically the same.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Think the Heineken lounge you get your own beer tap on the tables. It looks good.

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
can you order decent food or is it pies as well
Never taken much notice to be honest but if my memory serves. They both have a menu of fast food stuff. burgers, pizza, chicken strips etc that they bring to a table, pub style but the Wynne Baxter also has a separate dining area for punters that booked the 3 course meals. I don't think Heineken lounge has that?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Evening everyone

Just a quick question, my sons football team are looking to get the coaches a end of season gift and we noticed there’s some 1901 mayo baxter lounge tickets available and was just wondering what’s on offer in there, is it just pints in a glass, nice seating before game, and less queuing??

can’t see to find anything on the club website

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
In my opinion, there isn't much between the lounges. The ticket price gets you access to a lounge, free program, that's it. The WMB lounge is lovely, big, 2 bars well staffed and the match seats give a fantastic view, but they are pricey. The other lounges are all similar, great facility's. The price difference seems to be based on the match seat location.

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
I’m sure people will throw stuff at me for saying this, but I found the 1901 experience (earlier in the season) quite underwhelming. The queue and service at the bar was no different to the stands. I was given a dirty glass on two attempts. Pies had run out.
The current view I have is definitely on par with the 1901 and the atmosphere in the 1901 during the game is pretty sterile. Lots of the people aren’t fans, but hospitality guests and the ones around me were insufferable Spurs fans who were heckling our players.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’m sure people will throw stuff at me for saying this, but I found the 1901 experience (earlier in the season) quite underwhelming. The queue and service at the bar was no different to the stands. I was given a dirty glass on two attempts. Pies had run out.
The current view I have is definitely on par with the 1901 and the atmosphere in the 1901 during the game is pretty sterile. Lots of the people aren’t fans, but hospitality guests and the ones around me were insufferable Spurs fans who were heckling our players.
It depends where the seats are situated. The very first wave of 1901 tickets, centre west stand middle tier and centre rear west stand lower, were snapped up by long term fans. The vast majority where my seat is situated are fans of long standing. Over the years there’s been numerous 1901 add-ons which go to anyone on the waiting list or sold as part of hospitality.

As for underwhelming, I’m not sure what the expectations are but I feel it’s less hassle than the stands. There’s a lift, no queue to get in, less people, plenty of seats in the lounge, ticket can easily be transferred to a friend if I can’t make a game, drinks in a glass etc.

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
It depends where the seats are situated. The very first wave of 1901 tickets, centre west stand middle tier and centre rear west stand lower, were snapped up by long term fans. The vast majority where my seat is situated are fans of long standing. Over the years there’s been numerous 1901 add-ons which go to anyone on the waiting list or sold as part of hospitality.

As for underwhelming, I’m not sure what the expectations are but I feel it’s less hassle than the stands. There’s a lift, no queue to get in, less people, plenty of seats in the lounge, ticket can easily be transferred to a friend if I can’t make a game, drinks in a glass etc.
It’s odd then, because we couldn’t get a seat in the lounge, not before or during the break. Admittedly I prefer taking stairs, so didn’t benefit from the lift. I agree about transferring the tickets and the parking was great, other than the queue to leave, which was similar to The Bridge shenanigans.
I only got the seat through a company who a family member works for. So different people get the seats every game. Somehow, the corporate vibe just wasn’t for me. I’m glad I was given the opportunity to try it though and I’m glad that so many fans are able to enjoy it 👍

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
what is the food available in the lounges
Wolves menu. It's pretty much the same each match.
1682889791127.png

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

Good explanation. Although not a 1901er it is something I sometimes regret not doing. I would enjoy the comfort pre game and relative ease in getting refreshment, However would not consider now after an equally good seat in East Upper plus after many years knowing so many supporters near us. Personally find it a pain getting to game an hour before KO which one would not feel in 1901. I do know some people have left because to many hospitality people sitting near them. but sure it is possible to tickets in non hospitality areas.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

This is the Harvey’s lounge, smaller than the MWB and looks out over the back of the West Stand, the MWB is probably 3 times as big and has two bars and looks out over the pitch, I should add you can access the seats directly from the MWB where as the Harveys lounge requires you to exit lounge and up some stairs or use lift.

All of this said and with experience of all 3 I for some reason prefer the Heineken lounge, maybe there are less ego’s in there😉
IMG_4666_Original.jpeg

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
This is the Harvey’s lounge, smaller than the MWB and looks out over the back of the West Stand, the MWB is probably 3 times as big and has two bars and looks out over the pitch, I should add you can access the seats directly from the MWB where as the Harveys lounge requires you to exit lounge and up some stairs or use lift.

All of this said and with experience of all 3 I for some reason prefer the Heineken lounge, maybe there are less ego’s in there😉View attachment 160323
It definitely doesn’t look like that anymore!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here