Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] *** Maych Ratings vs Arsenal - 2/10/21***

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Very little to choose between Cucurella and Trossard, just think Trossard has been a revelation this season….
I thought both were worthy of a joint MOM award tonight. Both get an 8 from me, the rest 7.5.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
All opinions.

I’m a Duffy fan, but didn’t think he played as well as the others.
Some poor passing in the first half, two glaring misses, and one very badly mistimed header in the second. He did however, do lots of good bits as well such as the crossfield pass, so would stand by my average mark. 😃
He also did 2 Webster-like forays into the heart of arse's defence and lost the ball. Keep in simple Duffy next time please.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Veltman was sublime at everything, again.

Belying his smooth image, a quiet assassin when called upon to end counter attacks.

Veltman is the king of taking a yellow.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Sanchez -7.5 - did everything he needed to
Veltman - 8 - Cultured performance again
Dunk - 7.5 - Supreme as always
Duffy - 7.5 - Another strong performance from him
Burn - 7.5 - Very handy performance from him
Cucurella - 9 - Exceptional stuff. - Really taken to the Prem much sooner than I expected
Lallana - 8 - His best performance of the season.
Gross - 6.5 - Not at his best today. One of the few occasions where I think we would have done better without him.
Moder - 8 - Exceptional today - He has a bright future
Trossard - 9 - MotM - unbelievably good today. He was everywhere, lost count of the time he was pressed by 3 players and came away with the ball/played a decent pass.
Maupay - 8 - Exceptional performance. The lad is flying at the moment.

MacAllister - 7 - assured
Solly - 7.5 - Looked on a mission to prove his worth. Cucu's nabbed his spot, but I'm sure he'll get plenty of minutes this season anyway.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
6 - average

Sanchez - 8
Veltman - 8
Dunk - 8
Duffy - 6 - did okay but a little loose in possession at times
Burn - 7
Cucurella - 9
Lallana - 8
Gross - 7
Moder - 7
Trossard - 9 - MoM
Maupay - 8

MacAllister - 7
Solly - 7

Potter - 9

Moss - 5 - pillock

Wonderful display, just brilliant

Trossard was excellent, just wish he'd taken the shots on more instead of others.

Jimmy Grimble

Only saw second half so cant really rate the guys fairly but thought, while everyone was good, that Veltman and BDB were superb. Understand that they might not have been as vital in first half as the team seems to have been more dominant in that half (from what I've read).

The fact that this guy doesn’t care anymore means we’re destined for a mid-table season.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
All opinions.

I’m a Duffy fan, but didn’t think he played as well as the others.
Some poor passing in the first half, two glaring misses, and one very badly mistimed header in the second. He did however, do lots of good bits as well such as the crossfield pass, so would stand by my average mark. 😃

Duffy gave the ball straight to an opponent 3-4 times in the first half and then there was that mistimed back-header in the second as you say. It wasn’t a good performance.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
He also did 2 Webster-like forays into the heart of arse's defence and lost the ball. Keep in simple Duffy next time please.

It is all about opinions and people’s perception of players. Trossard tries things and loses the ball in bad places nearly every match and yet nobody mention that. Everybody played well yesterday. Players make mistakes but yesterday singling out players is bit unfair.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
It is all about opinions and people’s perception of players. Trossard tries things and loses the ball in bad places nearly every match and yet nobody mention that. Everybody played well yesterday. Players make mistakes but yesterday singling out players is bit unfair.
I wasn't picking on Duffy as I thought he had a good game. I was just saying with his skill-set with the ball it was a bit of a risk and a surprise to boot. Potter likes players to take risks but they have to be calculated one. As long as he had cover yes then take the risk but I thought when he lost the ball there was big gap behind him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here